Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thunderhill In-Car Video from PCA Time Trial
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nine14cats
Here are a couple of links to some laps of Lucille out at Thunderhill this past weekend. I had Rich Walton of Jerry Woods Enterprises drive the car to get his impressions of the suspension setup. Rich is an excellent driver and it's always fun to steal his lines. This day was no different as I picked up over a second a lap after riding with him.

The first video is a 1 lap version of a 2:10.5 lap over the top with 5A. The second vid is several laps running during the session. You will notice that Rich found more speed in exiting turn 15 by downshifting into 2nd. He would enter 14 leaving the car in 3rd in order to carry momentum and then downshift after the car settles and squirt it into 15 with and upshift into 3rd then 4th.

2:10.5 lap 12MB

Extended lap version 34MB

Thanks,

Bill P.
SirAndy
nice! smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
man, i love that track ... wub.gif

looks like he had some trouble trying to go flat out in turn 8 ...
biggrin.gif Andy
nine14cats
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 5 2007, 02:39 PM) *

man, i love that track ... wub.gif

looks like he had some trouble trying to go flat out in turn 8 ...
biggrin.gif Andy

Yeah...we were able to flat foot it through 8 but you needed all of the runout area. For this session we were on V710's and the tires get hot. If you notice the steering inputs we have to drive the Boxster with some aggressive slip angles to compensate for slightly lazy turn in. It's definitely manageable, but the tires get really hot. During this session we started at 28lbs cold and ended up at 38lbs hot, so they we're growing big time. The V710's are fine for AX, but on a heavier car combined with agressive slip angles, they may overheat towards the end of a 20 to 25 minute session and get greasy.

I'd like to try some Hoosier R6's.

Bill P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.