Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "on the road again..."
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
its been over 18 months since the car has had a motor in it. changed careers, kids, yada, yada.

now i've been crazy to get this thing running again. the motor is all ready for the blower housing and tin, then i can get her buttoned up. i'll be running a "rebuilt" tranny that i got pretty cheap, so we'll see if its any good real soon.

only need to find some race gas and she could be running this weekend. driving.gif

Hammy
What are the specs on the motor?
machina
QUOTE(Hammy @ Apr 5 2007, 08:28 PM) *

What are the specs on the motor?

JE forged pistons (96mm)
TIV forged crank (78.4mm) CW&B
2.0 heads (44mm in x 38mm exh) by HAM
911 adjusters
ceramic lifters
Schadek Type I pump (30mm)
44 IDF
Mallory Unilite
balance to .02oz
flywheel lightened
6 puck clutch disk
machina
now all that's left is to drain the old gas, put in the new sunoco 110 i got this weekend, and then purge the oil lines and crank.

its also the first time i'm trying me megaphone pipe. should make quite an impression in the neighborhood. ar15.gif
SirAndy
nice! smilie_pokal.gif
machina
damn, she's finally off the jackstands and ready to drive and i can't find the licsense plate. took it off before the last race and its not in its usual spot, spent 45 minutes searching.

the motor fired right off and sounds like hounds from hell. it revs so fast, no lag up and down. now to make a paper plate
machina
never found the plate but they had a cool "antique" plate, I love it. Car has to be at least 30yo to get one.

test drive is ok but idle and low speed are terrible, have to check idle circuits later.

lost power on 1 & 2 side, i had forgotten to tighten the linkage cams and they were sliding around.

then i saw an oil leak underneath and i thought it was something really hard to get to (like the oil pump and return fittings) but it is the hose extension up top for the oil psi sender. Still will be hard to get to without removing the tin or dizzy or both.

anyway it feels great to get behing the wheel. Its funny how much smaller the car seems when the ass end is not 4 feet off the ground.
Racing916
Awesome work!! I know the feeling, there is nothing better than getting back behind the wheel of you car after some time off
watsonrx13
Congratulation from a FL 'left coaster'.... beerchug.gif

-- Rob
Jake Raby
Great going David! That baby made good clean power here on the dyno and I'm glad to see it's back in action!.
EdwardBlume
Nice work! Thanks for the inspiration....
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(machina @ Apr 12 2007, 07:35 PM) *

Its funny how much smaller the car seems when the ass end is not 4 feet off the ground.

Exactly! I'm about 24 hrs from being back on the road after a 1.5 month stint on jackstands, and when I rolled it out of the garage last night I instantly thought "Did my 914 shrink???" laugh.gif

Sweet lookin engine, love the extra aluminum bling factor beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.