Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What calipers are these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kckoch
They clearly are aluminum. What are they from, and what can they be used for?
kckoch
Having trouble uploading pictures. too big.
Aaron Cox
great image resizer available in the FAQ tab up top.
davep
There are generally only a few aluminum calipers from Porsche. The famous S caliper with 3.5" mount spacing, the 930 calipers and others are generally all others are 4 piston or more.
jd74914
Are they these ones? These look like S calipers, but the picture is kinda small.

Picture from blog
kckoch
Click to view attachmentHere we go
kckoch
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Apr 5 2007, 07:12 PM) *

Are they these ones? These look like S calipers, but the picture is kinda small.

Picture from blog

I give up, but yes they are.
davep
Aluminum "S" used from 1969 911S up though 1974 at least, then on the first two years of 930.
Aaron Cox
you need to resize your pics, try 640 x 480 using the program i mentioned above, or download irfanview.

you need to compress your file size
Aaron Cox
those are S calipers. 3.5" spacing as dave mentioned
kckoch
As I thought. Good for my GT project? Anyone recommend someone to rebuild?
Aaron Cox
they are off 911's ordered with S calipers....

work fine.

eric shea is your rebuilder.
kckoch
Thanks Aaron. Just cuz I can now

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
davep
Definitely "S", and the mid production variety. Early and mid had the small nose, and the mid had the X in the circle to designate an improved piston design. Late style had a full width nose. A variety of those was used on the 908 and the 914/6 GT. Just need to use any S strut to use them with the regular 911 or 914/6 20mm wide vented rotor. A very good choice for most 914's up to 250 HP or so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.