Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4-cyl. "914-VW-PORSCHE" emblem up-date info.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

Since Steve was looking for a new emblem for his 914-6 I decided to add to my collection a new "914-VW-PORSCHE" emblem in both Gold & Satin Black. I already had the satin black one, so I ordered the gold one from my local Porsche dealer. Both are still available from Germany & the Gold one arrived today. What a dis-appointment in quality. I am keeping it because they will probably be NLA soon, but the quality stinks. Notice the close-up pictures of the gold one compared to the satin black. If I was doing a concourse restoration I would take a satin black one, sand it down, fill in defects than gold plate it.

Tom
BTW: The price of the gold emblem was $47.83 plus @20.00 frt. from Germany. The Satin Black emblem was a few dollars less.
TJB/914
last one

T
alpha434
That sucks, but remember that the black paint covers up a lot more defects.

Both the two parts were probly made on the same day, by the same guy.
r_towle
Part number please.
for both.

Thanx
Rich
burton73
If you did not see my ad when I was selling the 2 units I had brought in from Germany and the problems with them. I noted that the 914-6 VWPORSCHE emblem was thicker and had the same shrink marks but they where sanded by hand and polished. You could just see a little where the marks used to be. They are on the same places on your emblems. I am a manufacture for 32 years and I know what problems the factory has run into with there outside vendor, but instead of doing this the old way and make them thicker and go through the costly hand finishing this is what you get.

They would be served better to have my factory in China make these. I have a high QC even for a $5.00 part

Bob
TJB/914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 5 2007, 07:41 PM) *

Part number please.
for both.

Thanx
Rich

Rich,

The part # 914-559-111-10
Note: The part # is the same for gold or satin black. The dealer will ask you what you want and the price for the gold will be about $2-3 dollars more. Both come from Germany.

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.