Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: More car-buying scams
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisPaegelow
Ok guys and gals, so my girlfriend is trying to sell her car on Craig's List ('95 Dodge Intrepid), and we keep getting these CRAZY scammers emailing us with the most bizarre messages. Here's one we got today:

Aly,
Thanks for your prompt and positive email. I apologize for the delayed response. My client was much impressed with the condition of your vehicle, He wouldn't want to miss the vehicle rather He can't wait to see the vehicle parked in his garage soonest to celebrate his forth coming birthday & also the promotion at his new office as the General Supervisor on International oil and gas industry. He wants to have brief details of the vehicle, What is the vehicle's VIN number, When was the engine serviced last and oil changed, Has the vehicle any dent or accident before, Has the vehicle been re-painted before and finally why are you selling the vehicle?
However, Due to the love he has developed for the vehicle and will like to have the deal sealed and to show how desperate he wants the vehicle he has accepted your asking price {$1950} in order to avoid delays in the transaction because he will be making a crucial business trip on an official assignment to London. Thanks for your understanding and I anticipate your cooperation. Hope to see your reply based on the above question{s} soonest so that things can get going.
Have a wonderful day!!!
Larry

She was getting tired of saying no to these guys, so I wrote a nice response for her: smile.gif

Happy Birthday Larry!

Yes of course here are some details!!! The engine is absolutely immaculate, having been serviced by my cousin in 1998! I have records showing the oil has definitely been changed within the last 15,000 miles as well. Unfortunately there are several large dents and some very serious crash damage, as the car was involved in a high speed chase with the police shortly after being stolen. That is also why we do not have a VIN number or title for the car. In addition, the asking price has been raised to $7750 due to the great interest it has drawn from a number of serious bidders. However, if you can pay in full for $7000 immediately, I can insure that you will receive the vehicle!!! Please reply if this is acceptable! Congratulations on your promotion on International oil and gas industry!

Many Happy Returns,
Aly Miller

I hope he replies again, but I somehow doubt it! piratenanner.gif

Seriously, who falls for these scams?
BMXerror
av-943.gif That sounds like the way I talk to my superiors at work...Sock it to 'em, buddy.
Mark D.
ChrisPaegelow
I think from now on I'm going to respond to all of them with the craziest thing I can come up with wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.