Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - I'm a chicken$hit when it comes to scary movies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I'm freaking out right now 'cause I'm watching "The Excorcism of Emily Rose." I'm easily scared by this kind of story, especially if I believe it could be real or based on real events. Being a good Catholic boy, most of the time wink.gif, I believe the possibility of possession and the need for an excorcism.

I tried to call my friend, Sherry, just for comfort, etc...and she wasn't answering her phone...so I'm posting here.

yup, I'm a chicken, anyone else?
Aaron Cox
i love em and hate em.....

wierd ones like the hills have eyes are a little much.....
effutuo101
I grew up in Santee CA. That was scary enough for my entire life. There isn't a driving in a pickup shooting things smiley.....
My wife and brother in law LOVE scary movies. So, when something new comes out, off they go. on the + side, that means that I get to buy stuff for my car. That's fair!
Hammy
I found Emily Rose funny.....
There's the part where her guy friend wakes up and she's all twacked out on the floor in some whacky demon position. That's freaky.
ChrisPaegelow
Yeah scary movies get me frickin paranoid!

I saw the first SAW movie in the theater when it came out a couple years ago, and afterwards for a long time I always had to look in the back seat when I went out to my car at night... like there's a frickin guy hiding back there waiting to crawl out and get me!
jasons
I generally hate them. I watched House of 1000 Corpses by Rob Zombie on cable one night. It ruined my month..... But I would probably watch it again!
jd74914
QUOTE(ChrisPaegelow @ Apr 6 2007, 01:36 AM) *

I saw the first SAW movie in the theater when it came out a couple years ago, and afterwards for a long time I always had to look in the back seat when I went out to my car at night... like there's a frickin guy hiding back there waiting to crawl out and get me!

agree.gif thats what happens to me with the weirs scary movies.
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 5 2007, 09:54 PM) *

I'm freaking out right now 'cause I'm watching "The Excorcism of Emily Rose."

I'm easily scared by this kind of story,

yup, I'm a chicken, anyone else?

coming down off acid and watching "The Excorcist"... totaly freaked me out...I was totally scared! Difficult to speak to others for several days...

Kinda funny... the next time I saw the movie was at a drive in and I just laughed at all the special effects...

it's kinda like owning a 914...

Jenny
I find the older I get the more scared I get. I used to watch the exorcist, amityvilly, poltergeist, and all the other scary movies as a kid. Now even a really bad one (like 13 ghosts) will get to me. The ring scared the bejeesus outta me too. I'm especially intrigued by ones with a religious undertone.

You're in good company Sean!

Jen
Cap'n Krusty
"Grindhouse" is coming soon to a theater near you! The film trailers between the 2 stories are supposed to be OUTSTANDING! The Cap'n
Tobra
The Exorcist gave me nightmares when I was 12.

First Evil Dead movie kind of got me.

Tarantino and Rodriguez are not all that to me, but it has Bruce Willis, Kurt Russel and a Challenger like the one in Vanishing Point, so we shal see...
balljoint
There was a movie called "The Hole" about some high school kids that spend a weekend in an old bomb shelter. It that wasn't gory but it was creepy and disturbing......
mudfoot76
I generally steer clear of "horror" films, but will watch one on occasion. It sometimes makes me paranoid, but usually they are so predictable that it just isn't interesting and gore-factor doesn't hold my attention very well. A recent example - House of Wax. I heard a bunch of ppl talking about it, and that one has been all over one of the cable movie channels so I tried to watch it. I don't understand why anyone thought it was any good confused24.gif

I did enjoy "Dawn of the Dead". I thought that presented an interesting twist on the concept of apocalypse survivors. "Shaun of the Dead" was really good too but for slightly different reasons laugh.gif

I am going to see Grindhouse tomorrow. The girl with a machine gun as a leg reminds me of "Army of Darkness" chairfall.gif
blitZ
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 6 2007, 02:52 AM) *

"Grindhouse" is coming soon to a theater near you! The film trailers between the 2 stories are supposed to be OUTSTANDING! The Cap'n

Can't wait for this one. Tarantino is the man. thumb3d.gif
ChrisPaegelow
Yeah I'll probably go see Grindhouse tomorrow. It's got Kurt Russel so how bad could it be?
seanery
I've gotta wait until Monday to see Grindhouse - Damn Circus! laugh.gif
iamchappy
Only devil movies scare me.....
Aaron Cox
2001 a space odyssey scared me when i was 10.
914nerd
QUOTE(ChrisPaegelow @ Apr 5 2007, 11:36 PM) *

That's just a sign that you should drive a 914 as your daily driver
poke.gif
I have never worried about people in the back seat of my 914
biggrin.gif
vertigo
When I was younger (many, many years age) I watched the movie 'The Skull' about a killer skull which floated around (black and white movie with strings and all) Had to sleep with lights on for a week! Now I just avoid them altogether. I don't find them entertaining, insightful or worth my time/money.
Aaron Cox
do you get vertigo?

no i have seen it 3 times and still dont get it!
SirAndy
QUOTE(vertigo @ Apr 6 2007, 07:55 AM) *

Now I just avoid them altogether. I don't find them entertaining, insightful or worth my time/money.

agree.gif same here ... i don't watch 'em anymore.
they have no appeal to me what-so-ever. there are much better ways to spend my time ...

now, if only they had more good science programs on TV ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
carreraguy
I saw "Exorcist" as an adult and still had a nightmare; in my opinion one of the best scary movies ever! I like horror movies though. To me its like a big roller coaster - some people enjoyed being scared occasionally; makes life that much sweeter.
Mountain914
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Apr 6 2007, 08:14 PM) *

I saw "Exorcist" as an adult and still had a nightmare; in my opinion one of the best scary movies ever! I like horror movies though. To me its like a big roller coaster - some people enjoyed being scared occasionally; makes life that much sweeter.

Most horror movies don't scare me - suspense (Alien) does keep me on the edge though. Exorcist - "the version you never saw" rules where she is coming down the stairs - I could see where that would have freaked people out years ago on release.

Call me weird - but "War of the Worlds" with Tom Cruise scares me. Not the actor, but entities running around in vehicles blasting things. That reminds me, Los Angeles scares me too. biggrin.gif
SharonG
I was raised a good Catholic girl, too - even went to all girls Catholic high school! :pray: And I can NOT watch any kind of stuff with devil type undertones.... or most scary movies actually. My "friends" made me go see one of the Friday the 13th movies back in the mid '80s and even though I'm sure I missed 75% of the movie (eyes and ears covered) it still scared the crud out of me... so much that when we were all back at the dorm (I lived in the dorm at CU Boulder then) and I was in the bathroom and I could hear my buddies laughing outside the door and knew they were going to pull a prank on me, it STILL scared the crap out of me when I opened the door and one of my "friends" was wearing my lacrosse mask holding a fake sword - I punched him as hard as I could in the gut. That taught them. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.