Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing a rear quarter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bartlett 914
I am about to replace the left rear quarter on my project car. It is currently on a rotisserie. I concerned that when the quarter is removed the car will be a little weaker and possibly flex. I don't want to introduce any additional misalignment. Should I be concerned about having this on the rotisserie while making this repair? Should I drop it or fix it in place on the rotisserie?
VaccaRabite
If it were me, I would.

Zach
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 6 2007, 06:40 AM) *

If it were me, I would.

Zach

Sorry Zach, you would what?
jd74914
I would be concerned about alignment. I think I would want the car to sit unloaded on a level surface before replacing a quarter as to take all stresses off of the frame.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Apr 6 2007, 08:05 AM) *

I would be concerned about alignment. I think I would want the car to sit unloaded on a level surface before replacing a quarter as to take all stresses off of the frame.

I agree. As old as these cars are now I would certainly bolt the car to a frame rack and make careful measurements before cutting off the quarter. The shop may even have to bend the car around a bit before removing the quarter. You will get a much better job this way and totally avoid having any misalignment
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 6 2007, 07:47 AM) *

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Apr 6 2007, 08:05 AM) *

I agree. As old as these cars are now I would certainly bolt the car to a frame rack and make careful measurements before cutting off the quarter. The shop may even have to bend the car around a bit before removing the quarter. You will get a much better job this way and totally avoid having any misalignment

Thanks for the reply George. It is a lot more work to drop the car from the rotisserie. I was hoping to save myself that additional effort. Your input puts that decision to rest for me. Down it comes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.