Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's a fair price for a used digital LM-1 digital meter?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
Looking possibly to buy a used LM-1 Digital Meter...these meters are pretty pricy. They are a bit of overkill for the novice.

My other choice is to just buy a simple Air/Fuel gauge with a bosh O2Sensor, which is much more reasonable but more limited.

What are your thoughts? I have a 76 desmogged 2ltr that has stock FI, stainless exhaust, and the head sensor on the wrong head (#1). I have a rebuilt 043 MPS coming, calibrated correctly for a 2ltr.

These meters help you calibrate your air fuel mixture, log the mixture at different rpms and store the data to be downloaded into a computer for later analysis.
type11969
Be aware that the LM-1 itself does not have RPM logging capabilities, you either need to buy the module to convert the RPM signal into something loggable by the LM-1 ($100) or build something to do it. You can also buy a module that will not only log rpm, but map, CHT or EGR, 2 axis acceleration, and allows for a few more inputs as long as the signals are in the 0-5v range. This one is 250 bucks. I recently got an LM-1 for my birthday and bought the second module since I didn't have to pay for the LM-1. I've only just started messing around with it, but I've heard that it can be an invaluable tool for getting a/f set up just right, especially for someone who has limited experience in setting such things up before (like me).

-Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.