Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master Cylinder resevour connection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hedgehog
I have a leak where the resevour line connects to the master cylinder...it looks like there is a plastic gromet where the line goes into the m/c. How does the line connect/seal to the m/c. Can this repair be done with everything still in the car ? Is there a good source for the gromet/seal ?
So.Cal.914
The line just pushes into the rubber gromet. It's not hard to drop the M/C,

replacing the gromet would be easy from there. Not much room to work up

in there but I guess you could try.
hedgehog
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Apr 6 2007, 09:33 AM) *

The line just pushes into the rubber gromet. It's not hard to drop the M/C,

replacing the gromet would be easy from there. Not much room to work up

in there but I guess you could try.

so it sounds like the best way is to drop the m/c, replace the gromet and just put it back together..
So.Cal.914
How old is your M/C? if original you might want to just replace it as normal

preventive maintenance. When dealing with your brakes it's not good to wait till they fail.
TheCabinetmaker
SoCal, ya might wanna consider giving Gint your avatar. His is surely evil.
So.Cal.914
I made it for him, I am just keeping it warm until he's well enough to use it. smile.gif
Hammy
I'm thinking you'll definitely have to drop the master cylinder down to pop the grommets back in or replace them.....

It was an absolute hellish PITA for me to get those two grommets in even with the MC unhooked outside the car. I know some have had similar experiences.....

www.pelicanparts.com has the grommets you need....
hedgehog
QUOTE(Hammy @ Apr 6 2007, 02:40 PM) *

I'm thinking you'll definitely have to drop the master cylinder down to pop the grommets back in or replace them.....

It was an absolute hellish PITA for me to get those two grommets in even with the MC unhooked outside the car. I know some have had similar experiences.....

www.pelicanparts.com has the grommets you need....

a friend of mine is going up to Hayward tomorrow and I called Parts Heaven and they have them in stock also....should be able to work on it this weekend
thanks for the input !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.