Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump relocation aa version
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
The previous owner started to relocate the fuel pump to the front of car via an aa relocation kit. It is located under the car in the area of the steering rack. It is bolted to the floor underneath using some rubber mountings. My question is this: how do you hook up the fuel lines to it?

There is one fuel line coming off the tank with a fuel filter connected. This should connect to the pump but which hose connection?
I have another line that splits into a y. One part of the "y" is connected to the pump closest to the power wires. Where does the other two parts of the "y" go?
Finally there is another hose connection to the pump. What should be hooked up there?

So we got two fuel lines running from the front of the car back(which now has tangerine s.s. fuel lines, two hose connectors on the tank, and 3 hose connectors to the pump. What am I missing?
SirAndy
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Apr 6 2007, 05:16 PM) *

What am I missing?

you are missing a haynes manual ... biggrin.gif

page 41 shows how the fuel pump is connected.

- one line from the tank, with filter inbetween. "S"
- one line to engine. "D"
- one line (using the "Y") hooked into the return line. "R"

page 46 shows the letters for each port ...

bye1.gif Andy
buck toenges
So "d" gets fuel from "s"and pushes fuel thru the big diameter s.s. fuel line thru the tunnel to the fuel injection system? Then from the pressure regulator the fuels runs back to the fuel pump thru the tunnel in the smaller diameter s.s. fuel line via "r" return?
So part of the "y" hooks up to "r" on the pump, another part of the "y" hooks up to the smaller diameter return s.s. fuel line and the other part of the "y" hooks up to the tank?

Now the fuel lines in the front part of the car have that grey fuzzy cloth stuff which I assume is original fuel injection hose. The back section from the s.s. fuel line to the F.I. now have more modern f.i. hose. Can I use both style or should I use one type over the other.
Finally do you guys recommend another fuel filter in the engine compartment? If so what kind?

And yes I did look at the Haynes manual but I could not figure it out. Although Page 46 did help but 41 only showed two connections to the fuel pump.

Thanks, Andy
By the way I was reading the 3.6 conversion thread and saw you have a crew cut. Man if I only had the hair!
SirAndy
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Apr 6 2007, 06:45 PM) *

So "d" gets fuel from "s"and pushes fuel thru the big diameter s.s. fuel line thru the tunnel to the fuel injection system? Then from the pressure regulator the fuels runs back to the fuel pump thru the tunnel in the smaller diameter s.s. fuel line via "r" return?
So part of the "y" hooks up to "r" on the pump, another part of the "y" hooks up to the smaller diameter return s.s. fuel line and the other part of the "y" hooks up to the tank?

Now the fuel lines in the front part of the car have that grey fuzzy cloth stuff which I assume is original fuel injection hose. The back section from the s.s. fuel line to the F.I. now have more modern f.i. hose. Can I use both style or should I use one type over the other.
Finally do you guys recommend another fuel filter in the engine compartment? If so what kind?

And yes I did look at the Haynes manual but I could not figure it out. Although Page 46 did help but 41 only showed two connections to the fuel pump.

Thanks, Andy
By the way I was reading the 3.6 conversion thread and saw you have a crew cut. Man if I only had the hair!

- yes, you got it ...

- 41 shows 3, but you need to look closely.

- any good FI hose will do. it *NEEDS* to be high pressure FI hose! or your car will go up in flames in no time ...

- hair. ah, yes ... i'm pushing mid '40s and i figure i have another 10 years at the most. so, i better use what's left as long as i can ...

andy914.jpg Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.