Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Wierd things you may have done with parts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
Being a full-fledged old fart now (over 60 & still don't trust anyone over 30), I just had a recollection about a Cininnati area buddy of mine.

Back in '75, he ordered the first 930 for the area. The unscrupulous dealer (no longer in business) decided his car would be better PR if he sold it to Pete Rose (who trashed it). My buddy, who had a '75 Carrera that was as concours as they come, decided he needed some therapy. So, he had the exhaust sytem from his Carrera blasted, dipped & PLATINUM plated!

It was absolutley gorgeous, except it reflected heat so drastically it started bubbling paint on the rear valence! Took it off & replaced it with conventional. My wife & I suggested he use the platinum parts as a wall decoration - which he did.

Wonder who wound up with those parts (cost $1400 in '76 dollars to have them plated). Haven't heard from him in years, but I know he now breeds Rottwielers.

Funny how some people change & others (like me) are still stuck in a tme warp.

Anyone out there have platinum exhaust parts for a 3.0?
Gint
I'm going to hang a polished 4 lug Fuchs wheel in my garage, never to be used on a car again. 30 hours of my own blood sweat and tears that I'll never repeat in order to do 3 other matching wheels.

It currently looks like the wheel in the second post of this thread:

I bought back my first 914

IPB Image

Here's the before pic. It will be restored to it's former glory:

IPB Image
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 6 2007, 08:57 PM) *

I'm going to hang a polished 4 lug Fuchs wheel in my garage, never to be used on a car again. 30 hours of my own blood sweat and tears that I'll never repeat in order to do 3 other matching wheels.

It currently looks like the wheel in the second post of this thread:

I bought back my first 914

IPB Image

Here's the before pic. It will be restored to it's former glory:

IPB Image

Understand - I feel sorta that way about my SSI's, but someone could use that wheel (Bliznik?).

Regardless - happy to hear you are back to (somewhat of) yourself. Soory (Canadian)for what happened, but you got me thinking as I was just about to go under jackstands for the first time in nearly 20 years. Though I haven't changed my stands, the release levers are pointed outside the belly, 2 screw stands are attached to the longs, and the hydro jack is planted under the engine cross bar. As well as the spare tires/wheels under each quarter.

Hope you're feeling better!
So.Cal.914
I chromed all of my tins, looks great when its clean. You know how oil looks

on black tins, imagine how bad it looks on chrome. headbang.gif
DonTraver
Someone, don't have a clue who, made these. They're at this big shopping center in Brisbane, Au. They're made of springs, pressure plates, shocks, etc. I thought they were pretty creative.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.