Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quickie Five Lug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I have a plan to convert my car to five lug and I wanted to run it by people more familiar with the multitudes of combinations of these conversions than I am.

Front:

Throw on some 912 struts with solid rotors and stock 914 calipers. I was originally shying away from the early pinch bolt design, but I think I've given up on that idea and will just run it.

Rear:

I have redrilled rear flanges/hubs and I'm thinking that just redrilling the stock rotors will be sufficient (cheap).

One question I do have is, I don't think my 914 adjustable Koni front shocks will work in the 912 strut housings, is that correct? I think that's the one component that I will have to purchase.
John
It depends on the strut housing. It is my understanding that BOGE strut housings will accept 914 inserts. (Ours did).
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 6 2007, 11:09 PM) *

I have a plan to convert my car to five lug and I wanted to run it by people more familiar with the multitudes of combinations of these conversions than I am.

Front:

Throw on some 912 struts with solid rotors and stock 914 calipers. I was originally shying away from the early pinch bolt design, but I think I've given up on that idea and will just run it.

Rear:

I have redrilled rear flanges/hubs and I'm thinking that just redrilling the stock rotors will be sufficient (cheap).

One question I do have is, I don't think my 914 adjustable Koni front shocks will work in the 912 strut housings, is that correct? I think that's the one component that I will have to purchase.

Huh... I just happen to have a 912 solid rotor complete front end sitting in the driveway... I did not notice that you had one of these or were you planning on robbing Allison's car for parts?
rick 918-S
Mark, Why not just redrill the front you have? I did mine on my home drill press. This will allow you to keep your struts
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 7 2007, 08:41 AM) *

Mark, Why not just redrill the front you have? I did mine on my home drill press. This will allow you to keep your struts

everytime you need a front rotor, you got to restud them.....

it works... and is definitely the cheapest way.
Aaron Cox
mark - my 914 koni adjustable reds dropped right into teh 911 boge housings...

call paragon - they know the answer if you dont believe me smile.gif
McMark
I have some struts stashed away. wink.gif
East coaster
I had to machine some adapters to run 914 Konis in 911 Boge struts. I think Jason at Paragon sells these adapters but if you have access to a lathe they're pretty easy to make.

I did a thread on it a while back:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...179&hl=koni
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(East coaster @ Apr 8 2007, 08:49 AM) *

I had to machine some adapters to run 914 Konis in 911 Boge struts. I think Jason at Paragon sells these adapters but if you have access to a lathe they're pretty easy to make.

I did a thread on it a while back:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...179&hl=koni

hmm... i think that has to do with running the later 3.5" struts
East coaster
Could be........I was using late Carrera struts. Maybe they're not necessary on early Boge??
McMark
I just checked and mine are early Boge. I'm hoping the Koni's will drop in! Jumpy.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 8 2007, 05:48 PM) *

I just checked and mine are early Boge. I'm hoping the Koni's will drop in! Jumpy.gif

mine did. early 911 (72 or 73) boge struts.
JPB
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I mean on the bugetarily strategic drilling that is beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.