Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ?Mechanic Recommendations SF,CA?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange71
Hey all,
The 914 conked out tonight, I'm afraid that the gas got a bit low and the residual gunk that was in there for the few years it sat managed to clog the lines or the injectors themselves.
Looks like I'll have to get it towed somewhere to have the work done first thing in the AM.
Can anyone recommend a shop in San Francisco I might take it to?
Best,
Orange71
ConeDodger
QUOTE(orange71 @ Apr 7 2007, 12:26 AM) *

Hey all,
The 914 conked out tonight, I'm afraid that the gas got a bit low and the residual gunk that was in there for the few years it sat managed to clog the lines or the injectors themselves.
Looks like I'll have to get it towed somewhere to have the work done first thing in the AM.
Can anyone recommend a shop in San Francisco I might take it to?
Best,
Orange71

Not technically "in" SF but close enough for small nuclear devices... High Performance House... Rich Bontempi

He is on this board but probably too busy to recommend himself...
echocanyons
did you try changing your filter? It is there to prevent engine fuel line obstruction and injector obstruction.

When I dealt with the same problem I found that the filter would clog and the car would die. I pulled the tank and had it cleaned/rinsed by a radiator shop.

I reinstalled it and didn't ever have a problem.

Not too big of a job.

If you wish to have a shop do it you may wnat to swap filters to get you to one. That would at least save you a tow.
orange71
thanks for the replies guys.
I was looking for something actually in SF that I could just have tow truck take her to this morning. I had left it in a 2 hour parking zone last night and needed to get it moved by 9am. Pretty much nobody in SF that *might* be willing to work on it was open... so i've towed it to the house and i'll start talking to people monday/tuesday.
I'd like to stay in SF, but if that doesn't work out I'll start talking to the people just outside the city.

I've got a bit more time now to dig into it myself and attempt to sort through the fuel system for problems before it goes into the shop.

Again, thanks for the responses... you may have been able to tell i was a bit panic'd last night!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.