Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: William Harris
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Hi there,

I picked up another project, and if its still available, I could would like to ask if I can borrow the rottisierre...

Drop me an email through here please.

Rich
rhcb914
Another project Rich?? smash.gif How many do you have now? Post some pics.
william harris
Yes, you can use it as long as you need. Eric Sanders has been sitting on it for more than a year so I suppose he is in no hurry. E-mail of call home and we can work out logistics for you to pick it up.
r_towle
QUOTE(rhcb914 @ Apr 7 2007, 12:31 PM) *

Another project Rich?? smash.gif How many do you have now? Post some pics.

I refuse to answer that question due to me looking like a kook.

I got this
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=66937&hl=

I guess Chris is not gonna pursue it.
He has loads of parts, and if we come across a decent tub, he may indeed continue.

I am gonna fix all the rust, bang out and/or replace the front fenders, prime it and decide from there.
I have enough stuff to build a whole car,,,except a windshield, and a few odds and ends...

I was thinking that this may be a great way to rid myself of all the spare parts I have in one transaction versus ebay till my head falls off.

I will be heading to Hershey in my 914, my son will be in his 914...anyone brave enough to drive a 914 down to Hershey with us??

Rich
rhcb914
Aw Rich we already know you are a kook! It's all good.

Looks like a cool project. That rust isn't so bad. Nothing like some of the east coast cars we are blessed with. I have a bunch of parts that are littering my basement so if you find you need something let me know and I'll check if I have it.
r_towle
You going to hershey?
Does your car run yet? on stands?

Rich
rhcb914
Probably not going to make Hershey. I would love too but just too much going on. The car is still on stands. I'm putting in a front sway bar and replacing the fuel lines. Last weekend I drilled 8 holes before I had to put the tools down and attend to other matters...that was a good 1/2 hour in the garage! At this rate I'll be moblie by July! rolleyes.gif
r_towle
get a kitchen pass,
We are heading out late friday, back late saturday.
She can hold down the fort for one day...
Just promise her the same in the future..

Gotta take a break once in a while...

And dont forget.
German car day at the MOT in Brookline. (bring the kids)

Rich
william harris
Rich: what dates at Hershey? Need an excuse for a road trip. driving.gif
r_towle
April 28th is the swap meet, the 29th is the autocross.

We, Abel and I, are planning to drive both 914's down leaving either late friday night, arriving sat 6-7am, or leave earlier and hotel it friday night.
We are only going for the swap, so we will drive home sat 3-4 departure.
Rich
guywan914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 15 2007, 11:21 AM) *

We, Abel and I, are planning to drive both 914's down leaving either late friday night, arriving sat 6-7am, or leave earlier and hotel it friday night.
Rich

Rich,If William can't deliver the Rotissierre because of other committments Ihave one sitting in the garage doing nothing right now. Guy PM me if you need it
Allan
QUOTE(rhcb914 @ Apr 9 2007, 02:54 PM) *

Aw Rich we already know you are a kook!

agree.gif
drewvw

hmmmm....my wife is out of town that weekend but i promised a buddy i would help him lay down some floors in his attic. What to do, what to do....
william harris
Damn hard core agenda. Don't you guys like to sleep? Let's see, drive all night, swap meet and then drive back home? I'm too much of an old fart for that. Maybe next time. Anyway, the stuff at Eric's can be picked up anytime, just bring your truck. Call me.
r_towle
William, ...your a youngster...Tom T sets the schedule..hes got at least ten years on you...

He is hard core.
As I said,,I may go down friday and SLEEP...

Lets get you and Drew to go...

Rich
r_towle
QUOTE(guywan914 @ Apr 15 2007, 08:13 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 15 2007, 11:21 AM) *

Rich

Rich,If William can't deliver the Rotissierre because of other committments Ihave one sitting in the garage doing nothing right now. Guy PM me if you need it

Thanx for the offer, I will keep it in mind.
William's is collecting dust also...I just need to get off my butt and go get it...

Rich
drewvw
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 16 2007, 07:27 PM) *

Lets get you and Drew to go...

Rich

logistics get tricky...i cannot bail on this guy but he also hasn't called about it yet.

How long to drive back?
r_towle
mapquest...6-7 hours

Rich
Matt Romanowski
You can do 6 hours if you do the cross bronx and there is no traffic. If you go the tappanzee, it's around 6.5-7. Not admitting to anything, but I heard it can be done in 5.5 hours across the GW in a minivan....
r_towle
I have done it several times, and when you factor in coffee, gas and piss...its 7 hours, and I never drive slow.
rhcb914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 10 2007, 12:53 AM) *

get a kitchen pass,
We are heading out late friday, back late saturday.
She can hold down the fort for one day...
Just promise her the same in the future..

Gotta take a break once in a while...

And dont forget.
German car day at the MOT in Brookline. (bring the kids)

Rich

I would love to but she is already giving me a weekend in June to go tarpon fishing with my brothers. Maybe next year. She has always wanted to go to Hershey (not the swap meet but the chocolate factory) so maybe next year we can incorporate both!

I will definately make german car day at the MOT. I went a few years ago and there were some really cool cars!
Eric_Shea
Kook.
william harris
Kook??? confused24.gif
Eric_Shea
I refuse to answer that question due to me looking like a kook.

Aw Rich we already know you are a kook! It's all good.

QUOTE(rhcb914 @ Apr 9 2007, 02:54 PM)

Aw Rich we already know you are a kook!

agree.gif

Just try'n ta be like one of da guys... sad.gif
jd74914
Kook

A term used to describe a regular poster who continually posts messages with no apparent grounding in reality. Different from a troll, which implies a sort of sly wink on the part of a poster who knows better, kooks really believe what they write, to the extent that they believe anything.

laugh.gif learn something new everyday smile.gif
william harris
OK, I got it now. Rich is cool and a kook!
r_towle
Funny thing,
It looks like rain for the 28th...

Rich
william harris
And why is this funny? Driving 6 or 7 hours in the rain on the way to PA is not my idea of funny. chair.gif
r_towle
because it rains every year at hershey.

So, they moved the date one week out to try to get past the rain...
funny thing is that is may not have worked.

Hershey in the rain is kinda a mandatory east coast porsche thing to do.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.