Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 74 2.0 almost on the road! Saw a 73 2.0 yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
So I almost have my 74 2.0 on the road. I'm thinking 2 more weeks to be safe. So I'm getting stoked to drive a 914 again. I'm driving home from a buddies the other day & see something behind a shop under a tarp. The shape looks strangely familiar so I stop. It is a stock 73 2.0 with all the goodies. IT has been repainted to some ugly brown color. Was the yellow stock. It has 5 fuchs & looks like it has been outside for a while. The fuchs are in great shape. I talked to the guy briefly to get a feel for what he would want for it. I was thinking I might be able to get a smoking deal. Not looking that way after talking to him. headbang.gif
Sucks as my first 914 was a 73 2.0 that I restored. I flippin want that car bad. It of course ran when parked & all that. The brakes are not hooked up. The guy bought it new in 73 & it has maybe 75k original miles. Not sure how much rust yet? My wife will flat out flip if I bring another one home though. Damn it I am a sick sick man. This 914 disease is a killer. I'm gonna pay whatever it takes to get that car. I'm allready planning the paint job now. Guess I need to set up my wife this week with lots of goodies. Any tips? idea.gif
vanaman
come up with other good reasons to be really nice to her. that way she wont expect it. then after a day or two break the news to her.

steve
rjames
Sell your '74 to buy the '73. cool.gif
So.Cal.914
Diamonds.
MrKona
Jamie,

I thought you sold your silver car. You have obviously relapsed into 914 sickness... beer.gif

- Bryan
PinetreePorsche
Sorry to say its not a disease limited to 914s. I got my first 944 last month after adding my second 914 only 6 months earlier. Lost my wife to cancer a couple of years ago, but still haven't broken the news to the two teen kids that there's another P-car in our lives. At least they can't threaten divorce. Who knows, maybe the son will decide he has to have a Porsche, and get up some enthusiasm. (Is he really MY son??) Good luck, and keep us posted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.