Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are the two pipes that ran along the outer long
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
autohausdolby
Anybody know? Also, should '6s have them and/or the holes for them in the inner wings? I've never seen either of my cars in one piece so it's a bit difficult when it comes to things like this biggrin.gif
lotus_65
check out the vaccuum hose layout here at pelican.

it could be the vaccuum lines to and from the charcoal canister to burn fumes from the expansion tank i think. drivers side, right?

don't know about the -6's.

paul
davep
Very early cars did not have them.
From late 1974 when the charcoal canister was relocated in the engine compartment, the line ran through the center tunnel.
Dave_Darling
Very early cars may not have had them, but all US-spec ones were supposed to... I got a call from a guy with an early 70 914-4 that had no cannister lines, and no evidence that there ever were any (no holes or anything). The COA from Porsche said that it had the cannister system, though.

--DD
autohausdolby
That sounds right, there's a charcoal canister in the boxes of bits that came with the '4. All that stuff's strange to us over here, we've never really suffered from them smile.gif

That would explain why the '6 (a 1970 European car) didn't have them smile.gif
Eric_Shea
My US spec -6 had them... 1970.

Gint's had the front holes in the "wing" welded up. Looked to be factory as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.