Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory injection parts questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
Just found a sealed plastic bag of 2.0 injection parts left over from a 2.0 experiment from more thn 15 years ago. Couple of questions:

The injectors are, of course, the greenies. I must have cleaned them up before I put them away, because when I wiped them down came up with a clean rag. However, how can I bench test these buggers to be certain they work OK? I'm not going to use them, just want to be certain they work before I sell them. Have the original seals for the injectors, but they MUST be shot.

Also, the injector retainers - any difference between the varies motors? They look identical to the 1.7's.
Pat

p.s. - I could look this up in my factory manuals, but they are a mess - so I'm taking the path of least resistance. biggrin.gif
r_towle

I am remembering 3-4 volts is what they need, and no more.

Plus some fuel pressure.

I think the idea is use a battery (flashlight type) and keep the pressure up..

Me, I would just bring them over to a running car and hook it up in place of one of the injectors, but just run it into a glass jar...turn throttle body to actuate the injector.

Rich
Bleyseng
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 8 2007, 04:27 PM) *

Me, I would just bring them over to a running car and hook it up in place of one of the injectors, but just run it into a glass jar...turn throttle body to actuate the injector.

Rich

Thats how I test them for leaks before shipping them off for cleaning. Green ones flow 380cc vs 1.7l's at 285cc(?).
The retainers are all the same..... biggrin.gif
Pat Garvey
Thanks guys! Sorta what I was thinking, just needed verification.
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.