Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: changing idle jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JBart
OK I just changed my idle jets from the stock 52mm to 47mm because the car is way over carbed 1.7 w/44 webers but till i find smaller carbs I jetted them down But my idle has rised it now idles at about 1600 RPMs sence I put smaller jets in do I to readjust the idle ? If so do I use the linkage to so or are there screws to adjust the idle ?

I'm a newbie so gentle biggrin.gif

Thanks,
jbart
Joe Ricard
That is EXACTLY what should happen. Leaner means more power (to a point)

So now you need to optimize the idle mixture screws. Start with 1.5 turns out front gently closed.
(As you do this next step you should hear the engine pick up more speed as it leans out.
- turn them in ever so slowly till the engine slightly begins to drop speed
Turn them back 1/4 turn.

Now with your synch tool equally turn out the idle stop screws till you obtain 900 - 1000 RPM

When you get this part done let us know so you can tell us how it runs and then wecan do the next step.

Aaron Cox
joe nailed it.

JBart
Thank you Joe,
Tommorow will go pick up a syncro tool from the local VW shop after work and let you know how it went .

Thanks again,
jbart
bperry
I highly recommend this book: Weber Tech Manual
It is only $10 and is a wealth of information.

--- bill
Joe Ricard
Wait till the weather changes....
Like this past week I jetted for 85 degrees and 90% humidity.
Then when I went to see Barry in Pensacola on Saturday it was cold and dry. 40's and maybe 35% humidity. A/F went from 13.5 : 1 to 14.5 : 1 and as it got colder I was really too lean seeing 15:1 at certain speeds. Was getting intermitant spits back on the carbs. Carbs start spitting around 16:1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.