Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wiring the fuel sender unit...Got the wires but not the plastic connec
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
Can anybody tell me where the green wire, black wire and brown wire hook up to the fuel sender unit on the gas tank? The plastic connector is not there anymore and there is 5 male connections on the sending unit and 3 wires.
Thanks,
Buck
SirAndy
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Apr 8 2007, 05:43 PM) *

Can anybody tell me where the green wire, black wire and brown wire hook up to the fuel sender unit on the gas tank? The plastic connector is not there anymore and there is 5 male connections on the sending unit and 3 wires.
Thanks,
Buck

don't have it in front of me, i might be able to look it up tomorrow.

as for the connectors, there's only 3, the other two prongs are just to seat the plug correctly ...
bye1.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 8 2007, 09:06 PM) *

QUOTE(buck toenges @ Apr 8 2007, 05:43 PM) *

Thanks,
Buck

don't have it in front of me, i might be able to look it up tomorrow.

as for the connectors, there's only 3, the other two prongs are just to seat the plug correctly ...
bye1.gif Andy

well, if you still need that info, you'll have to wait until tomorrow ...

i *thought* my cut up harness still had the plug, but it doesn't.
i'll be working on my car again tomorrow and i can post a pic then ...
smile.gif Andy
iamchappy
Im pretty sure I have a plug laying around if you need one.
buck toenges
I found my plastic connector and placed the wires in order of length of wires.
taking the exposed male fuel sender connector as the 6 o'clock position then going clock wise the next connection is the brn wire at 7 o'clock, next connection is empty. the 1 o'clock position is green and the 5 o'clock position is blk. At least thats what I think. Can you confirm Andy?
Buck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.