Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A couple amature, unrelated questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
Question 1: Where's the oil pressure sender on an early 1.7. I know it has one for the warning light on he dash, but the Haynes manual isn't helping at all. I need to replace it with a dual sender for the gauge I bought.

Question 2: How do 5 point harnesses work with the later 914 sport seats. They don't have harness hoops, but do they work all right by just using a harness bar?

That's it.
Mark D.
Aaron Cox
oil pressure sender is right next to the dizzy.

you will probably have to trim the tin to fit the dual sender or use the relocation hose sold by jake and aircooled.net.

(if you are looking straight down at the dizzy, and the firewall at the top of your view, the sender is just to the left of the dizzy... down an inch or 3...)

harnesses - without a harness bar, typically the upper belts are too low, and have to go 'UP and OVER" your shoulders. in a crash this can compress your spine.

the lap belts - use eyebolts or the other mount, and use the original seatbelt holes.

uppers - either D-ring them to the harness bar or do bolts through the firewall to the engine bay- and drape them up and over the harness bar.

harness bar is to get the shoulder belts slightly above your shoulders....

ill fish out some pics for you.
Aaron Cox
here you can see the eyebolts thru the firewall with the large 3" safety washers.

IPB Image

harness bar
IPB Image

having issues hotlinking from my blog. click the link in my sig for the full size pics.
BMXerror
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 8 2007, 07:06 PM) *

do bolts through the firewall to the engine bay- and drape them up and over the harness bar.

That's what I was planning to do. Just making sure that they'll work with the seats alright. Making sure there's no troubles that I haven't thought of. Thanks for the info.
Mark D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.