Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: its almost running
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A TV dinner
hello there. just put a 1.7L motor into my car a fews days ago and installed all of the Djet parts. i have 4 new injectors, a rebuilt fuel pump. when i go to start the car, shell tun over and run for about 5 seconds, but then will die. the only way i can keep it running is to rapidly push the gas pedal, and then the engine wants to idle up to about 4000rpm and then jump back down to where it almost dies again.

is this a computer or MPS problem? idea.gif

the timing SEEMS to be ok but im not sure

thanks
~alex~
McMark
I would check fuel pressure to make sure that is correct. You also may have hooked the fuel pressure regulator up backwards.
swl
trigger points?
bd1308
lol (sorry, ive been there....ah the memories)

*Fuel Pressure
*Timing
*Blown MPS
*Cold Start Valve
and finally...........
*Vacuum Leaks.
BMXerror
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Apr 9 2007, 09:47 AM) *

lol (sorry, ive been there....ah the memories)

*Fuel Pressure
*Timing
*Blown MPS
*Cold Start Valve
and finally...........
*Vacuum Leaks.

agree.gif Except I would check manifold vacuum before the MPS and CSV because low manifold vacuum will give the MPS a bad reading and it will meter too much fuel. That way you can replace either one and it won't do a damn thing. Of course, if you can't get it to idle, checking manifold vacuum could prove tricky. Is it running at 4K by itself before dying out, or is that where you have to put the throttle for it to run? I.E. does it die out as soon as you let off the throttle? Is it running rich, or just wandering? Like with any other engine diagnosis, make sure you have the four basics; air, fuel, ignition, and timing, and be positive you have everything hooked up right BEFORE you start replacing parts. I learned the hard way. biggrin.gif
Mark D.
BMXerror
well, did ya figure it out?
Mark D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.