Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to get more Dellorto idle jets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
terrymason
After reading my dellorto book, I decided to get some various sizes of idle jets to work on my jetting once my other engine specs are dialed in..

I can't seem to find any jets the look like the ones I have. Mine look like this:

Click to view attachment

but the ones I see forsale as Dellorto DRLA idle jets look like these:
IPB Image

Is what I removed from my carb truely an idle jet? If so, where can I find replacements / other sizes?

Thanks!
jr91472
What you have is the idle jet, plus the idle jet holder. Pull the end off of what you have and it will look like what they have for sale.

good luck
terrymason
Thanks - I went ahead and ordered some some different sizes to try them out.

Not sure why I never thougt to pull them apart...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(terrymason @ Apr 9 2007, 12:50 PM) *

After reading my dellorto book, I decided to get some various sizes of idle jets to work on my jetting once my other engine specs are dialed in..

I can't seem to find any jets the look like the ones I have. Mine look like this:

Click to view attachment

but the ones I see forsale as Dellorto DRLA idle jets look like these:
IPB Image

Is what I removed from my carb truely an idle jet? If so, where can I find replacements / other sizes?

Thanks!

If you are really asking for a source, ACE or AirCooled Technology in Utah. Art Thrane is the Carb dude for aircooled VW and 914s.
terrymason
Thanks, but I found some earlier today on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...p;rd=1&rd=1
r_towle
You found the ultimate source for Dells.

Email him with your engine configuration, he is awesome and will provide good clear advice.

check out his web site also...loads of good data.
Follow his name in the "about me" section...

He is the BEST source for Dells, possibly a bit more for parts, but he knows these carbs inside and out.
And he is a straight shooter, easy to deal with.

Rich
Gary
What's your displacement, CR, cam? On a 2L 55's or 60's for idles should get you close.

I've also found MaryAnn at CB Performance to be helpful.
terrymason
QUOTE(Gary @ Apr 9 2007, 10:08 PM) *

What's your displacement, CR, cam? On a 2L 55's or 60's for idles should get you close.

1.8L with the stock cam. not sure what you mean by "CR" though. I've got 60s in now, but once I get everything else dialed in, I'd like to try some other jets.
Gary
QUOTE(terrymason @ Apr 10 2007, 07:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Gary @ Apr 9 2007, 10:08 PM) *

1.8L with the stock cam. not sure what you mean by "CR" though. I've got 60s in now, but once I get everything else dialed in, I'd like to try some other jets.

Compression ratio.

What size dells and venturi's are you running? That will drive main jets and air correcton jets.

With a 1911 and dell 40's I ended up between 55 and 60 for idles.
terrymason
QUOTE(Gary @ Apr 10 2007, 06:43 AM) *

Compression ratio.

What size dells and venturi's are you running? That will drive main jets and air correcton jets.

With a 1911 and dell 40's I ended up between 55 and 60 for idles.

I've got a 1.8 that I purchased dell 40s for (I have a 2.0 I will use down the road). I do not know any of the jets or venturis (other than the 60 idle jets) that are currently installed, so will need to pull each and report back.
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(terrymason @ Apr 9 2007, 08:12 PM) *

While the price looks very cheap for the jets, the shipping is OUTRAGEOUS!
terrymason
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Apr 10 2007, 08:28 AM) *

QUOTE(terrymason @ Apr 9 2007, 08:12 PM) *

While the price looks very cheap for the jets, the shipping is OUTRAGEOUS!

It's $6 for up to 30 jets.
I bought 8 of each size (16 total), and with shipping it was $20
spunone
Heh Terry what Dellorto book do you have and where did ya get it? sounds like good reading.. not that I can read mind you av-943.gif
terrymason
QUOTE(spunone @ Apr 10 2007, 10:39 AM) *

Heh Terry what Dellorto book do you have and where did ya get it? sounds like good reading.. not that I can read mind you av-943.gif

Dellorto Superperformance

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.