Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leaky Speedo Drive Angle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pbanders
I just had an engine rebuild, and after 25 years of ownership, I now have a motor that doesn't leak oil. But, all that means is that now my leaks are only from the tranny. While I had the shaft seals replaced when the engine was out, it look like the drive angle is leaking. I stole the pics below, the top one shows the leak location (this one looks worse than mine). Bottom photo is the drive angle replacement part from Pelican.

What do I need to replace to stop this leak? My drive angle seems wiggly/loose at the interface where it's leaking - I assume it's supposed to rotate?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Gary
Kinda unusual spot for a leak. Seems like the only possibility is the interface between the brass body and the threaded nut on the replacement picture photo. I'd pull the angle drive and inspect the brass flange that holds that nut on. I wonder if it's scored. You'll need a rag to stuff in the hole or the tranny will pee all over the floor (not that I've ever had that happen biggrin.gif ).
RON S.

I had my right angle drive leaking,and I bought one from N.Hollywood Speedo.

It was about $60.00.

Put it in,and no more leak.

Ron
DonTraver
Replace the O-ring seal. About $.70.
McMark
From another thread...

QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Apr 24 2006, 02:39 PM) *

Just bought the seals last week from the dealer after learning from PET that there were two.

Seal: 999 113 036 50 $8.22
O ring: 999 701 084 50 $ .91

Got tired of the puddle on the floor. Haven't done the job yet.

IPB Image
lotus_65
QUOTE(DonTraver @ Apr 10 2007, 12:26 PM) *

Replace the O-ring seal. About $.70.

agree.gif

but be careful re-tightening the bolt. it'll easily strip.
pbanders
Mark, thanks for the repost, that's what I need. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;#entry666658

I thought I actually had two leaks until I read the comment about the oil leaking down the speedo cable - that's what mine was doing, and it was dripping at the lowest point.
pfierb
Tried to fix mine by replacing the seals no good had to replace the drive unit .....leaks no more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.