Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weltmeister chassis strengthening kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
autohausdolby
I've just had my parcel of sheet metal land from AA - top marks btw, it came super fast!

I've got a couple of questions about the chassis strengthening kit though - it looks like I've only got the bits that fit '4s, and the bit that welds over where the engine mounts aren't on a 6 looks like it's missing. It mentions it in the instructions - do they just not put it in now?

IPB Image

IPB Image

If not, does anybody have an exact template they can send me so I can cut my own?

Thanks!

Matt
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Fitment of most of the parts are fairly straight forward except for the one that bends around the inner suspension console. One has to be imaginative. The extra six parts are not in the four kit and included for no extra charge by the manufacturer if the customer specifies original six.
autohausdolby
Aaah, bummer. How much would it set me back to have a set mailed over to the UK George? (just the '6 bits - part E on the diagram). Is that possible?
autohausdolby
Hup smile.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(autohausdolby @ Apr 11 2007, 04:19 AM) *

Hup smile.gif

Emial or PM George directly. Might get you faster results.

Zach
autohausdolby
It was more of a general bounce in case someone had the template smile.gif Good point though, I'll bosh a mail off now smile.gif
Bleyseng
Leave the "D" piece off as it does nothing except take up space dry.gif
Eric_Shea
Leave the "D" piece off as it does nothing except take up space

You mean the piece that spans and strengthens the outer longitudinal and ties in the weak shock tower area (where most of the bodies begin to split) back to the ladder member where the tranny mounts? confused24.gif

I consider that one of the most important pieces in the entire kit. huh.gif

(God I wish people would stop this shit...) wacko.gif
autohausdolby
It's all going on - the FIA historic racing rules demand that the car is to a plausible specification as it would have been if raced "in period," so that's what it's going to be smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.