Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump Picture Needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jagalyn
I am restoring a 914 2.0 and am going to relocate the fuel pump back to the original location. I need to see how the fuel hoses and return lines are plumbed and where the filter is located.

I also need to see where the wiring goes through the engine sheet metal.

Any pictures that would show this would be invaluable to me and would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jag@gs2tudios.com
SirAndy
QUOTE(jagalyn @ Apr 10 2007, 03:23 PM) *

I am restoring a 914 2.0 and am going to relocate the fuel pump back to the original location. I need to see how the fuel hoses and return lines are plumbed and where the filter is located.

I also need to see where the wiring goes through the engine sheet metal.

Any pictures that would show this would be invaluable to me and would be greatly appreciated.

there was a thread here just the other day ... bye1.gif

first, grab your haynes manual, page 41 shows how the fuel pump is connected.

- one line from the tank, with filter inbetween. "S"
- one line to engine. "D"
- one line (using the "Y") hooked into the return line. "R"

page 46 shows the letters for each port ...

- "S" sucks fuel from the tank through the big diameter fuel line thru the tunnel.
- "D" pushes to the fuel injection system.
- Then from the pressure regulator the fuels runs back to the fuel pump,
the plastic "Y" hooks up to "R" on the pump, the other part of the "Y" hooks up to the smaller diameter return fuel line which routes the fuel to the tank.

the wires for the fuel pump (two going to a round plastic connector) come out of the main harness on the pass. side in the engine compartment, at the firewall, under the battery tray/FI brain location.
there's a round opening in the engine shelf on that side with a grommet.
the lines and connector go through there to the pump.

there's two different locations for the fuel filter, depending on the year of your car.
early cars had it on the rear firewall, under the engine shelf, on the pass. side.
later cars had it on the pass. side engine mount bracket.

bye1.gif Andy

Tobra
that should be the cheesy nylon clear lines where it goes through the tin too, in case you are a concourse guy
boxstr
Here you go. CCLIN914NATION
jagalyn
Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! Thank you all so much. What a wonderful resource. You guys are great!

Jeff
Cap'n Krusty
You will find the size of the fuel filter ports are smaller than the stock plastic fuel line. You'll need fuel line Part number 914 356 525 00, which is still available from the dealer network. It's an adapter. Might also want to buy 13mm "Gemie" clamps to protect your fuel hoses. They're the OE style, and they aren't cheap. The Cap'n

TheCabinetmaker
I'm with the Cap'n on the hose clamps. those in the pic are bad news for high pressure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.