Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 Ljet running rich
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brew
Any idea why my car could be running rich all of the sudden? I even haven't been messing around with it under the hood. confused24.gif
bd1308
oil cap not on tight?

alignment of the planets?
Bleyseng
CHT is going bad
FPR vacuum hose is off
dr914@autoatlanta.com
lean backfire when cold and now a sticking air flow meter flap!
alpha434
It's the hose that hooks into the air tube just behind the flapper box. It's come a little lose, and you're losing vacuum. I seal mine with teflon and a hose clamp. If you pull the hose out, your car will die immediately. I don't know how well getting rid of the hose and plugging the hole would work. It's only function is for the cold idle enrich valve.
Brew
A loose oil filler cap will cause this? I bet that's it then, my o-ring disintegrated not too long ago.....

Anybody know off the top of their head what size the o-ring is?

Thanks all!! beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
You have it backwards. If the hose comes off or the oil filler cap seals are bad, the car will run LEAN, not rich. You may have what the good Dr. says, or it could be the CHT wire on the RH cylinder head. If it is broken or disconnected, the system goes full rich thinking it is -50 degrees.

Check the AFM first. It is the most likely culprit.
MartyYeoman
If the CHT is disconected or "open" the car won't run.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Apr 11 2007, 04:29 PM) *

If the CHT is disconected or "open" the car won't run.

Not totally true. If it is disconnected or open, it will be so rich that it probably won't run, unless it is really cold outside. If you remove the oil filler cap, you create enough false air to get it to run, but badly.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.