Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much would you pay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
Found a 75 1.8 with L-jet. Starts and runs. shifts good. Passenger long is toast. some good panels(quarters and front hood) I offered 500. He turned it down. He wants more than twice that amount. What would you pay? looks to be good for parts only.

Curt
TROJANMAN
It would depend on my motivation for buying the car..................
A $1,000 car that runs probably isn't a bad deal for some.
Ferg
you buying as a parts car?

need more info, wheels, interior shape, trim, lenses ect ect ect...

Ferg
terrymason
Can you keep what you want, then sell the rest for $1000?
rmital
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 11 2007, 01:49 PM) *

A $1,000 car that runs probably isn't a bad deal for some.

In New Jersey that's called a steal....
TheCabinetmaker
I'm gonna inspect it closer, but I suspect the car is about rusted in half. I could stick three fingers in the bottom of the passenger long at the jack hole area. I suspect the suspension console is gone as well. Rear of passenger door is overlapping body. Interior looks like crap. door handles both broken. rear trunk pivots broken, and torsion bars are off. Front trunk lid good. engine lid and letters good. Pedal cluster looks to be rebuilt. I "think" the dash top is good. Rear lenses good. 75 fog lenses look good. Wheels are factory steel. Later Blapunkt stereo. L-jet is intact, but a lot of heater hose has been used as vacuum hose.

Curt
914nerd
If you wind up buying it as a parts car I will buy the L-Jet brain off of you (assuming, of course, that you don't need/want it)
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 11 2007, 04:24 PM) *

I'm gonna inspect it closer, but I suspect the car is about rusted in half. I could stick three fingers in the bottom of the passenger long at the jack hole area. I suspect the suspension console is gone as well. Rear of passenger door is overlapping body. Interior looks like crap. door handles both broken. rear trunk pivots broken, and torsion bars are off. Front trunk lid good. engine lid and letters good. Pedal cluster looks to be rebuilt. I "think" the dash top is good. Rear lenses good. 75 fog lenses look good. Wheels are factory steel. Later Blapunkt stereo. L-jet is intact, but a lot of heater hose has been used as vacuum hose.

Curt

So other than the wheels,

it's basically in the same condition as your car,

except it has a better dash...

luv ya bro...

biggrin.gif poke.gif rocking nana.gif ar15.gif popcorn[1].gif type.gif stromberg.gif unsure.gif w00t.gif drunk.gif

i wanna bring up what's left of my trannies cause these guys in OKC are missing in action. Know what I mean?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.