Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT possible paypal scan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
G e o r g e
Received an email saying i was payed 93.50$

everything reads paypal, but instead of /// between the info after paypal.com it is ....

that should make a difference shouldn't it?

i went to my paypal account and there is no info on moneys being paid to me, or was i expecting any.

the email looks real confused24.gif

anyways changed my password again beerchug.gif
DBCooper
LOTS of PayPal spoofs, you did right. You might want to forward it to PayPal, too, though they're probably already long gone.
orthobiz
You did the right thing going to your PayPal yourself. Do not EVER click on any link or enter any link in your browser to take you to a particular PayPal area. That's how you really get scammed! One of those "don't ask me how I know..." kinda things.

Paul
jk76.914
forward it to spoof@paypal.com . They take care of it.
Twystd1
OOOps... I am sorry..

I didn't mean to send you that money...

It was supposed to go to Mr. SLITS...!!!!!

Please send back the payment to my pay pal account.
Account # F8U9C4K4U
Afrain917@paypal.com

Sincerely,

Afrain Basiinge

Rwandan Commisioner of foreign affairs.
EdwardBlume
Afrain Basiinge

Rwandan Commisioner of foreign affairs.

Daddy? If yes, send cashiers check to Rob Ways, if no, send cashiers check to Rob Ways.

Thanks you much and good day!

Paypal spoofs have been HQ lately. It used to be ridiculous emails with crapy links to obvious foreign addresses. In the last month, a couple of these have gotten through my front line and one even made me look at my account.

Lots of crooks, lots of time, lots of victims.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.