Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas pedal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Ok who makes an Alum pedal with a pivot on it to replace the orignal rubber and rust one?? I know somebody has done it before smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
turboman808
saw it in a English 911 magazine. Hop to the Barnes and Noble and you should have no problem finding it.

Not to hard to make your own as well
smdubovsky
Mine broke and needed to be fixed asap so I made one. Used a piece of aluminum riveted to a length of aluminum piano hinge (I think I TIG tack welded after that too). I cut the 'ball socket' area off the old one , trimmed off most of the plastic, and riveted it to the back. Can't weld that one since it has plastic in it and is also made of steel inside. Been thinking of adding a few decorative/grip rivets. Of course those are all aluminum too.

Looks very nice, should never break, and wont rust.

SMD
John
One like this?

They are only $250 at Pelican Parts.

I sold one for 10-15 on here a while ago. They SUCK OUT LOUD!!!!!
DanT
Or just buy the gas pedal for a 964.....bolts right in and it is all plastic, no metal hinge to rust. The accelerator ball pops right into the back.
They cost less then $10 brand new.
spunone
Damm Dan that sounds pretty cool and Light where do ya order one at
malaga_red75
I broke the metal hinge on my pedal, so i just sawzalled off hinge area, so i was left with just the pedal.

Then i took a door hinge and cut out the hinge to fit inside the back channel of the pedal and redrilled the bottom part of the hinge to match the original holes on the floorboard. works great. let me know if u want pictures.

-Peter
rjames
The plastic 911 model (early?) that the bird board sells works great, but the mounting for the ball-cup is in the wrong place. You need to modify it so that the accellerator ball connects a bit lower on the back of the pedal. I won't tell you how I modifed mine, kinda embarrasing...
racerbvd
QUOTE(rjames @ Apr 11 2007, 07:54 PM) *

The plastic 911 model (early?) that the bird board sells works great, but the mounting for the ball-cup is in the wrong place. You need to modify it so that the accellerator ball connects a bit lower on the back of the pedal. I won't tell you how I modifed mine, kinda embarrasing...

I got a set of these from AJUSA

Competition Style Billet Aluminum Pedal Set
NOTE: Kit includes 3-piece pedal set. E-Z installation; Our customers tell us this is the best-looking pedal set on the market! We agree!

AJ-USA 3-piece set w/stronger hinge design for accelerator pedal

$134.97

http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/stores/detail...f3b130319235a09

Cap'n Krusty
REAL men use Moon gas pedals ................. The Cap'n

If you have to ask, you're not a real man ..........
JmuRiz
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Apr 11 2007, 08:55 PM) *

of these from AJUSA

Competition Style Billet Aluminum Pedal Set
NOTE: Kit includes 3-piece pedal set. E-Z installation; Our customers tell us this is the best-looking pedal set on the market! We agree!

AJ-USA 3-piece set w/stronger hinge design for accelerator pedal

$134.97

That's what I have, looks and works great....might need a modified cup for the back of it though. I remember there was a group-buy for the new cup on the old club board.
iamchappy
Same ones I bought through the group buy. They work great.
Instead of using the supplied cup which they eventually replaced with the better fitting one, I cut up my old rubber pedal and fastened its cup to the new pedal.
r_towle
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 12 2007, 01:01 AM) *

REAL men use Moon gas pedals ................. The Cap'n

If you have to ask, you're not a real man ..........

I thought the "spring" part of the pedal, or the spring steel that mounts to the floor was an integral part of the solution to make sure your pedal goes back...

I could be thinking about a bug...have a few of them too.

And only the barefoot pedal with no shoes is the manly way to drive..

Rich
TravisNeff
laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.