Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Asymetric lift help ... how too
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
doper
Ok .. I've finally got around to dragging out my teener ... yippee just in time for 10 more inches of snow ... crap ... barf.gif icon8.gif geez is it ever going to warm up ? anyway ... heres the deal ... I've ha plenty of cars on my asymetric lift but no rear engined cars ... so do I basically load it "backwards" and use the jack points to support it and how much overhang ? or ? picts or guidance would really be cool b4 it falls off ! sad.gif
Brian_Boss
I normally put 911's and 914's on "backwards", i.e. with the short arms to the rear. I put the lift pads under the "donuts" on the chassis.

That being said, with an 1800 # car on a 9000 # lift, I don't think it's too critical.

YMMV

doper
Thanks ... I kinda figured as much .. but you just never know who might stop by and lean on the wrong spot .. case in point I had a TR6 on it for most of the winter and the old man stopped by and I was working on the rear wheel bearings and in his normal curiosity started pushing and pulling on stuff saying "gee this thing looks pretty clean" ... I reply back geez Dad knock it off you trin' to kill us both ... needless to say I now have two tri-pods to support said vehicle while up in the air. I'm over parinoid cause I suspect your not walking away if one of these falls off and your underneath...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.