Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pressure Gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
so, is there a fuel pressure gauge that allows you to set a certain value and has a output for a warning light that would come on when the pressure falls below the mark?

all the setups i have seen are nice if you're inside your engine compartment,
but what about a warning system while you're driving?

if you had a gauge where you could set a certain min. pressure and a warning light on your dash, that would seem like a good idea, right? idea.gif

anything like it out there?
Andy
Demick
As long as you are running the wires and going to all the trouble, you might as well just put in a sender unit and use a real gauge in the car (just like oil pressure). In fact, I've seen people use the regular 0-70psi VDO oil pressure sender and gauge for fuel pressure. I don't know if there might be issues with using a sender designed for oil for fuel instead (deterioration and/or leaks).

Demick
Rgreen914
I would hope that no one would want a fuel line running into their passenger compartment for fear of the possible repercussions, not to mention the potential insurance liability concerns following the fire that would surely result from such an installation!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rgreen914 @ Dec 2 2003, 02:27 PM)
I would hope that no one would want a fuel line running into their passenger compartment for fear of the possible repercussions, not to mention the potential insurance liability concerns following the fire that would surely result from such an installation!

that's why i thought there might be a gauge/sending unit like the oil-pressure sender but for fuel instead.

i still like the idea of having a real gauge in the engine-comp.
i would be fine with a "idiot-light" on the dash, if i can set the threshold ...

someone must have done that already. rolleyes.gif
Andy
LS6/914
Andy, Autometer & Cyberdyne both make gauges with remote senders. Cyberdyne offers a memory function. Autometer can use a aux mounted warning light with the gauge. I use both Summit racing & Jegs for these products. If you need a remote fuel pressure gauge for diagnostic work SnapOn has a electronic unit with memory & min/max record function (read that expensive). welder.gif
TimT
this will work kinda spendy
Brad Roberts
I swear... the Germans are gauge crazy...

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 4 2003, 12:02 AM)
I swear... the Germans are gauge crazy...

jawoll!
fiid
Better guage crazy than tow truck crazy. :-)

Guages are cool.

I was wondering about trying to make a new dash plate with 2 large face dials in the center (Tach and Speedo) and then putting fuel and light around the outside. This ought to improve visibility for people with little momo steering wheels....

What d'ya all think??

Fiid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.