Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-Jet Brain differences
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914nerd
Some of the experts out there might know
What are the differences between the 74 and 75 brains and are they interchangeable?

Thanks,
Charles
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(914nerd @ Apr 11 2007, 09:15 PM) *

Some of the experts out there might know
What are the differences between the 74 and 75 brains and are they interchangeable?

Thanks,
Charles

Part numbers???

I don't think there is much difference. I put a 75 brain on a 74 to test it,and it works fine.

Dave_Darling
The 75 ECU can actually read the intake air temp sensor in the air flow meter. The 74 meter does not have that. Not sure if there are other changes...

--DD
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 12 2007, 11:16 AM) *

The 75 ECU can actually read the intake air temp sensor in the air flow meter. The 74 meter does not have that. Not sure if there are other changes...

--DD

IIRC.. they just separated the leads from the intake air sensor and the afm between 74 and 75 to cure cross signal interference, the brain on the other end was the same.

But I have been known to be wrong.
JeffBowlsby
I doubt they could be interchangeable. One has a 6-pin connection, the other has a 7-pin connection.
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 12 2007, 03:20 PM) *

I doubt they could be interchangeable. One has a 6-pin connection, the other has a 7-pin connection.

They have a lot more pins that 6 or 7.
Maybe your thinking of the air box connector. confused24.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 12 2007, 05:20 PM) *

Same number of pins at the computer, AFM is different.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.