Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need a shop for full PPI of a 914 in LA, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rrr
I'm 99% sure I'm buying a 914 in the LA area. Seems to be a decent car, but I'd feel better if it had a full inspection (compression, leak down, rust, etc.) before the trip back to TN.

Some work was done recently by PO at Stuttgart Automotive in LA. Seem like nice enough people on the phone. Any other suggestions? I may also need to pick up a 75-76 2.0 MPS while in LA.
jim_hoyland
Picture ? Any other info... popcorn[1].gif
914rrr
I'll post pics n' info AFTER I buy it! Maybe I'm paranoid unsure.gif, but I need to make sure somebody out there doesn't get it before me! You west coasters can't have ALL of the nice teeners! wink.gif
sww914
Otto's in Venice beach knows 914's inside and out.
73Phoenix20
Which MPS do you need? I have a 037, a 043, and a 049...
Just send me my $113.57 back (and the Fuchs, of course!), and you can have the MPS ... of your choice! IIRC, the 037 is for the 1973 2.0, and the 049 is for the 1974??? We can double check that if you need one...
914rrr
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 11 2007, 08:13 PM) *

I appreciate the tip. Is Otto easy to deal with or known for being 'gruff' towards customers? Any feedback regarding Stuttgart Automotive?
914rrr
QUOTE(73Phoenix20 @ Apr 11 2007, 08:17 PM) *

Which MPS do you need? I have a 037, a 043, and a 049...
Just send me my $113.57 back (and the Fuchs, of course!), and you can have the MPS ... of your choice! IIRC, the 037 is for the 1973 2.0, and the 049 is for the 1974??? We can double check that if you need one...

Hi Lyle,

We need the 043..has it been tested?

Thanks!
Rob

73Phoenix20
The factory seal is still in place over the adjusting screw... not tampered with...

BUT...I just checked it again and it does not appear to hold a vacuum!

Darn. Sorry... best of luck finding a good one!
drew365
QUOTE(914rrr @ Apr 12 2007, 02:01 AM) *

QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 11 2007, 08:13 PM) *

I appreciate the tip. Is Otto easy to deal with or known for being 'gruff' towards customers? Any feedback regarding Stuttgart Automotive?

Gruff with customers? Kind of funny, lets just say John probably won't ever work as a greeter at Walmart. He's mellowed considerably from any stories you might have heard in the past. The Stuttgart Automotive I know of is considerably east of LA. They seem to be a good place to deal with but won't have the same experience with 914's as Otto's.
Twystd1
I have to admit.... Other than Scott Kline (SKLINE here) for a PPI..

I would choose Otto.

Clayton
914rrr
Thanks for all the replies. This board is an invaluable resource! aktion035.gif

Turns out Otto did some work on the car last year. I'm probably going to buy it based on the conversations I had yesterday with Otto and Stuttgart.

If I get it, I'm going to have Otto do a full service on it before driving back to TN. Otto even offered to pick me up at the airport with the car after the service. I can't take him up on the offer, but that was pretty cool anyway. thumb3d.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(914rrr @ Apr 13 2007, 02:06 AM) *

Thanks for all the replies. This board is an invaluable resource! aktion035.gif

Turns out Otto did some work on the car last year. I'm probably going to buy it based on the conversations I had yesterday with Otto and Stuttgart.

If I get it, I'm going to have Otto do a full service on it before driving back to TN. Otto even offered to pick me up at the airport with the car after the service. I can't take him up on the offer, but that was pretty cool anyway. thumb3d.gif

Well, a new 914 buddy checked out the 914 for me...and it passed with flying colors. This guy was very thorough and pointed out a few minor flaws, and that was it. Nothing unexpected. So....I AM BUYING THE 914 AND DRIVING IT BACK TO TENNESSEE!! Luckily I have a very adventurous wife, and she is actually excited about taking a cross country road trip. driving.gif
Allan
QUOTE(914rrr @ Apr 13 2007, 05:46 PM) *

I AM BUYING THE 914 AND DRIVING IT BACK TO TENNESSEE!!

AAA is your friend... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.