Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT - Geek Quiz
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Gint
I could only make 70%. sad.gif The image is a link... 70% Geek 70%
Demick
and you're proud of that?

I was 35% geek. But the deceptively low score is mostly because I've never been a fan of Star Trek (except for the original Shatner series, which apparantly doesn't count for much in the geek world).
Gint
Damn straight!

I find it hard to believe you only made %35 Demick. laugh.gif But thanks for playin!
914nerd
Ummm...
A mere 94%
I'm so ashamed
But that's ok, I'm a nerd, not a geek
biggrin.gif
piratenanner.gif
ws91420
half a geek here
srthompson01
http://mingle2.com/geek-quiz

72%
Cap'n Krusty
I can't believe The Cap'n, a man of another era, is 61% Geek. Musta got it from my kid .................................. The Cap'n
SirAndy
79% rolleyes.gif
Lou W
32% huh.gif
jd74914
44% . . . weird
bd1308
56% geek....
John

IPB Image

101%

Midtowner
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 11 2007, 09:49 PM) *

79% rolleyes.gif

Never judge a geek by its cover. biggrin.gif

56% for me. huh.gif
DanT
WOW Erik,
I got a 56% also.... biggrin.gif

did you ever get those minilites on the car?
SLITS
25%
TonyAKAVW
54%.
Jes
30%
cooltimes
42% and I must be dumber than dirt since I never heard of most of what was asked.
Congratulations. Can't hope to see the score of other oldies on here since their light bulb might be like mine, not even brighter than a 3 watt.
Be honest.
Teknon
62% I thought I was better than that.
Midtowner
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Apr 11 2007, 10:37 PM) *

WOW Erik,
I got a 56% also.... biggrin.gif

did you ever get those minilites on the car?

Dan:

PM sent.

smile.gif
ConeDodger
57% But I am a nerd not a geek... + my parents, both academics didn't allow much television unless it was public television and educational... Yes it has left scars. I mean, for one thing, I am in to 914s biggrin.gif
So.Cal.914
This is hard to post...53% sad.gif Worked hard all my life not to be a geek, guess I

failed.
markb
48%
skline
<a href="http://mingle2.com/geek-quiz" style="text-decoration: none; padding: 5px 0 0 5px; display: block; width: 84px; height: 116px; background: url('http://mingle2.com/css/img/quiz/badge2_green.jpg') no-repeat top left;">
<span style="display: block;float: left; height: 49px; width: 10px; background-color: #fff;"><em style="display: none;">51% Geek</em></span>
<span style="display: block; padding-left: 20px; padding-top: 29px; font-family: Arial; font-size: 20px; color: #fff;">51%</span>
</a>
<a style="clear: left; display: none;" href="http://mingle2.com/">Mingle2.com - Free Online Dating</a>
skline
My point exactly!! Only 51% geek, 49% 914 nut!
Coy
76%

BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Cooltimes:

Here is another oldie score, 30%. Should i be prod or ashamed?
Dave slap.gif
blitZ
69% here.
tdgray
32% I'm suprised... I didn't know what half the questions meant. huh.gif
ClayPerrine
92%

But that is because I primarily use Windows Servers for my job.......

( and I beat the UNIX bigot that started this thread! poke.gif)
dagdal1967
76% Geek... But I knew that already
dflesburg
51%
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(tdgray @ Apr 12 2007, 05:28 AM) *

32% I'm suprised... I didn't know what half the questions meant. huh.gif

laugh.gif agree.gif I'm 25% and I'm 41 yrs old
1970 Neun vierzehn
20% here. I don't know if I'm proud or embarrassed about that "score". unsure.gif
sk8kat1
77% blink.gif biggrin.gif
sjhowitson
28 and proud of it. My computer is a tool not a way of life. beer3.gif
MoveQik
15%?? blink.gif I'm not sure how it got that high! mad.gif
TROJANMAN
28%
I only ever watched the original Star Trek
Dave_Darling
80% for me...

--DD
Porcharu
60% geek. dry.gif
Gint
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 12 2007, 06:55 AM) *

92%

But that is because I primarily use Windows Servers for my job.......

( and I beat the UNIX bigot that started this thread! poke.gif)
I'm less of a Unix bigot then you are a windas bigot. wink.gif I do have a Unix preference as far as an occupation is concerned.

I posted this thread from an XP box. I'm adding this reply on a different XP box. Later I might use my Macbook. Tomorrow I'll be doing a very strange Sun Cluster swap across 2 sets of hardware using a Dell PC running Solaris10. I've got a Linux box (2...3?) around here somewhere. I'll use whatever it takes to get the job done.

That's my I answered that OS question as "I use a bunch of different ones."

Edit: I knew DD would be up there!
TravisNeff
47% blink.gif
Jenny
I'm so disappointed... sad.gif

DonTraver
28%, think that means I know just enough to get myself in trouble.
mike_the_man
73% for me. If we had any science fairs in my schools, I bet I'd be higher!
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 12 2007, 09:28 AM) *

I posted this thread from an XP box. I'm adding this reply on a different XP box. Later I might use my Macbook. Tomorrow I'll be doing a very strange Sun Cluster swap across 2 sets of hardware using a Dell PC running Solaris10. I've got a Linux box (2...3?) around here somewhere. I'll use whatever it takes to get the job done.

That's my I answered that OS question as "I use a bunch of different ones."

Edit: I knew DD would be up there!

HUH? unsure.gif

from a Proud 20%er biggrin.gif
yarin
46%

more of a computer geek growing up than anything else.

my dad had me plugging basic code into my Apple II+ in 1988 when iw as 8 years old. I could type faster than the computer's clock could write to the screen.

Never got into comic books or star trek.

Funny, if u took a "normal" person straight out of the 80s we would all be considered geeks due to our computer usage habits. laugh.gif
John
You guys want the answers? It is flawed as I somehow ended up at 101% which is as we all know an impossibility.

Some of you mention Star Trek, but I believe only one question had anything to do about Star Trek. (The one where Ferengi have good hearing).

The quiz is also biased toward people my age or older who ALWAYS had to wait all night on the computer while downloading with a 300 baud modem...... It does amaze me that last night I could download that 80+MB video clip on here of "Rusty getting Punked" in less than 3 minutes. It took longer to watch it.
racunniff
92%. I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed.

Click to view attachment
Jenny
QUOTE(John @ Apr 12 2007, 11:42 AM) *

The quiz is also biased toward people my age or older who ALWAYS had to wait all night on the computer while downloading with a 300 baud modem......

I did that too, but would just go to sleep and let it download thru the night. type.gif

Jen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.