Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: horn button wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
will
how do you hook up the wire for the horn button on a momo hub and steering wheel?
thanks,
will
srthompson01
Take the great big washer under the nut that holds steering wheel on, drll a very small hole as close as possible to the outer edge of the washer.

Get a spade connector and put on ground wire of horn button, the other side of the connector to a 4 inch ling piece of wire, strip an inch of insulation off of the other end of the wire and push though newly drilled hole an twist together to hold.

Take the push connector off of old horn button, connect to red wire on momo with a spade connector.

Turn on key and honk horn.

If it works, disconnect using spades, install mounting hub, tighten bolt over drilled washer, put on the steering wheel, connect horn button, and then bolt it down. If you don't have light hold loctite you can put a little fingernail polish on the threads.

Stephen
will
QUOTE(srthompson01 @ Apr 11 2007, 09:10 PM) *

Take the great big washer under the nut that holds steering wheel on, drll a very small hole as close as possible to the outer edge of the washer.

Get a spade connector and put on ground wire of horn button, the other side of the connector to a 4 inch ling piece of wire, strip an inch of insulation off of the other end of the wire and push though newly drilled hole an twist together to hold.

Take the push connector off of old horn button, connect to red wire on momo with a spade connector.

Turn on key and honk horn.

If it works, disconnect using spades, install mounting hub, tighten bolt over drilled washer, put on the steering wheel, connect horn button, and then bolt it down. If you don't have light hold loctite you can put a little fingernail polish on the threads.

Stephen

Do you have a picture of this?
thanks,
will
eg914
There is a VW part that you can secure to the back of the Momo adapter with 3 screws. It is a plastic ring with a brass ring and a wire with a spade connector. The connector goes to the spade connector on the Momo horn button. The brass ring contacts the springy bits on the blinker switch. I have this in my car, and the horn works great.

I will try to get a part number for the horn ring for you tomorrow.
Zaney
QUOTE(eg914 @ Nov 6 2007, 11:58 PM) *

There is a VW part that you can secure to the back of the Momo adapter with 3 screws. It is a plastic ring with a brass ring and a wire with a spade connector. The connector goes to the spade connector on the Momo horn button. The brass ring contacts the springy bits on the blinker switch. I have this in my car, and the horn works great.

agree.gif
This is the part that I ended up using with my MOMO Prototipo wheel. It works slick! driving.gif
will
QUOTE(eg914 @ Nov 6 2007, 11:58 PM) *

thank you,
will
eg914
Will,

Found the old ring in the garage. It is the signal canceling ring with horn contact. There is no part number on it. The only number I can find on-line is 113-415-660-A. There is a tab sticking out the back of the ring to cancel the blinkers. There seem to be two versions, one with the standard width female connector on the wire, and one with a narrow connector. I don't know if they have separate part numbers, or if one supercedes the other. Hope this helps. Sorry, no camera to take a picture, but search for the part number at one of the sites for VW parts to see a picture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.