Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seal for front edge of window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
My window rattles around. Is there supposed to be rubber or felt in the vertical "U" channel that centers/cushions the front edge of the window? I do not see it on the PP or AA diagrams.
John
All too easy

OEM-91454216112
ppickerell
QUOTE(John @ Apr 11 2007, 09:12 PM) *

All too easy

OEM-91454216112

Thanks John, do you know how it attaches?
John
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Apr 11 2007, 09:23 PM) *

QUOTE(John @ Apr 11 2007, 09:12 PM) *

All too easy

OEM-91454216112

Thanks John, do you know how it attaches?

It just kind of slips in there.
Bleyseng
Ask Rich at HPH as he had a few when I got mine from him last year. It just slides it.
tyler
You're in luck. I bought a pair of the window channel felts (which were very expensive) and then found out that they're only for the later models where the glass slides up the channel as opposed to my early model where a roller is attached to the glass and rolls up the channel. Make sure you don't have the rollers and if you want these new felts, you can have them at a discount.
I also think I have new outer squeeges and good used fuzzys. I wanted to make sure I had all the new stuff for reassembling after painting and double ordered a few things.
ppickerell
QUOTE(tyler @ Apr 12 2007, 07:32 AM) *

You're in luck. I bought a pair of the window channel felts (which were very expensive) and then found out that they're only for the later models where the glass slides up the channel as opposed to my early model where a roller is attached to the glass and rolls up the channel. Make sure you don't have the rollers and if you want these new felts, you can have them at a discount.
I also think I have new outer squeeges and good used fuzzys. I wanted to make sure I had all the new stuff for reassembling after painting and double ordered a few things.

Shiite,
Ordered from Pelican already! Thank you very much for the offer.
tyler
Don't forget you need rear ones, as well.
Cap'n Krusty
You didn't tell us what year your car is. Early door cars don't have the felt channel. The Cap'n
dflesburg
pretty sure there is a screw in there somewhere
ppickerell
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 12 2007, 02:55 PM) *

You didn't tell us what year your car is. Early door cars don't have the felt channel. The Cap'n

Car is a 73
BIGKAT_83
I got some for a late model car a month ago from AA. I don't recall the price but they were not much.

Bob
GaroldShaffer
This is what you are talking about? If so, yep there is a screw in there holding it in place. The orange door is my 70 914, the part in my hand is from a later style door.
ppickerell
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 13 2007, 11:10 AM) *

This is what you are talking about? If so, yep there is a screw in there holding it in place. The orange door is my 70 914, the part in my hand is from a later style door.

No,
I am talking about the leading edge of the window, not the rear edge. There is a "U" channel on the wing window upright that guides the window that looks like it used to have felt or something.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
early cars 1970-early less than serial number 4732901000 have no felt in the channel but rather the window hung on a bar and four rollers glued to the front leading edge of the window glass. After the first thousand 73 models through 76 the channels both front and rear had felt in them and bare window glasses. If the felt is missing on a late car, it may have slid down the track and landed in the bottom of the door. The larger rear window cap pictured in the back of the orange door signifies early while the smaller broken one signifies late!
r_towle
are the rear pieces for the early doors (like the orange one above) still available?

Rich
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 13 2007, 02:23 PM) *

are the rear pieces for the early doors (like the orange one above) still available?

Rich

Not that I know of. And the later driver side is NLA also.
r_towle
oh Dr Dr...

I need these rear pieces of the window track for an early doored car...

Got any?
used it fine.
Would require them not to be all broken...but ugly will match my personality.
If you have them, let me know either here or via email ...

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.