Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Two die in road rage incident
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zymurgist
FREDERICK, Md. - A driver and passenger exchanging obscene gestures with the driver of another vehicle as they sped along Interstate 270 were killed early Wednesday when their car hit a guardrail and flipped over, police say.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=598&sid=1112327
nomore9one4
Its sad to be stupid sad.gif
zymurgist
It's also sad to think what that moment of stupidity can cost. sad.gif

They're still looking for the guy in the truck. The state police put up an electronic sign next to where the crash occurred, requesting any witnesses to call 911.
736conver
Really stupid.
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(faux916 @ Apr 12 2007, 10:01 AM) *

Stupid for not wearing seatbelts? Or stupid for the obscene gestures? Or stupid for cutting them off AND hitting the brakes (such an obvious tactic rolleyes.gif )? Or stupid for allowing the truck the opportunity to even get in front of them?
mudfoot76
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Apr 12 2007, 03:34 PM) *

Stupid for not wearing seatbelts? Or stupid for the obscene gestures? Or stupid for cutting them off AND hitting the brakes (such an obvious tactic rolleyes.gif )? Or stupid for allowing the truck the opportunity to even get in front of them?

Yes to all of the above.

Nothing is so important that any of this had to happen. Everyone just needs to chill out. Yes, the world is fill with a-holes. You cannot escape from them. Maybe you are one of them on occasion (hey, it happens!). But everyone just needs to calm down. Even if they were stupid for not wearing seatbelts, these are senseless deaths.
zymurgist
This just in, for all the dog lovers out there... the couple's Rottweiler Roxie was found today wandering near the site of the accident. The poor grrl's mama and daddy will never come home.
914rrr
QUOTE(mudfoot76 @ Apr 12 2007, 11:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Apr 12 2007, 03:34 PM) *

Yes to all of the above.

Nothing is so important that any of this had to happen. Everyone just needs to chill out. Yes, the world is fill with a-holes. You cannot escape from them. Maybe you are one of them on occasion (hey, it happens!). But everyone just needs to calm down. Even if they were stupid for not wearing seatbelts, these are senseless deaths.

Not nearly as stupid as Jeb Bush passing a law in FL that allows citizens to legaly use deadly force if they feel 'threatened' in a road rage incident! It was bad enough since so many drivers in FL are already surly, pissed off, crazy, senile, etc., let's give 'em guns!!!! ar15.gif

This legislation helped convince me that moving out of FL was a good idea...
mudfoot76
QUOTE(914rrr @ Apr 13 2007, 06:29 AM) *

Not nearly as stupid as Jeb Bush passing a law in FL that allows citizens to legaly use deadly force if they feel 'threatened' in a road rage incident! It was bad enough since so many drivers in FL are already surly, pissed off, crazy, senile, etc., let's give 'em guns!!!! ar15.gif

This legislation helped convince me that moving out of FL was a good idea...

I left in 1991 and have only been back for a few short visits since. That is a pretty stupid law and will really only serve to exacerbate an already bad situation. Driving around in FL has always been a pretty stressful task with all the bluehairs and tourists, now armed road raging maniacs will be taking potshots at you too!

But my opinions of JB were already really low. If he had just looked at that one lady's EEG, he would have just STFU and none of us would know the name 'Schiavo'...
EdwardBlume
I log 1100 - 1500 miles a month and see stupid things daily. I figure every idiot driver out there is on crack so I steer clear, unless its a topless blonde and then its OK. I'm not so sure about a topless blonde on crack though...it could go either way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.