Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxter muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmmotorsports
If anyone has one on a 914 please post some pics. Especially from the bottom showing how it fits in the car. Also what is the inlet pipe size?

Thanks,
Jerry
SirAndy
QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Apr 12 2007, 09:59 AM) *

If anyone has one on a 914 please post some pics. Especially from the bottom showing how it fits in the car. Also what is the inlet pipe size?

there was a guy in germany who did just that.

the picture is buried here in the old posts somewhere ...
bye1.gif Andy
McMark
I have one that I'll be installing on the 3.6 conversion.
MoveQik
Didn't the Marvs3.6 guy use a Boxter exhaust? I thought he was here in the US?
mongrel-gs
I've got one on my 2.5 suby. If i remember right the inlets are 2" od. The large wire hangars need to be removed, and as far as fitment, if the threaded rods are still on top of the muffler, they touch the heat shield on the car. Definitely breathes less that the flowmaster that used to be on, but a much nicer ride on the interstate.

There is a pic in my blog.
McMark
Mongrel, got any pictures of the muffler mods? How is the muffler supported?
mongrel-gs
Trim off the hangers in the image.

The threaded rods on top of the muffler are what I used to set the height of the muffler under the car... they should be just touching the heat shield. I made some high temp rubber bumpers to fit over the rods to avoid metal to metal contact, but it squeeks like a baltimore rat on trash day so I plan on cutting the rods off altogether.

The inlets are slip joints that are clamped, so I made two simple metal angle brackets that mount to the heat shield at it's mounting brackets and used flaps rubber muffler hangers that slide under muffler clamps at the inlet.

Very easy install... once the headers are done smile.gif
East coaster
I've gotta poser boxster exhaust (see avatar). I bought a boxster muff to modify for use, but there's no way in hell it's going on a car with a Wevo tranny!
TravisNeff
Here's a pic
jmmotorsports
Thanks for the pics,thats what I wanted to know.

Jerry
MoveQik
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Apr 12 2007, 12:11 PM) *

Didn't the Marvs3.6 guy use a Boxter exhaust? I thought he was here in the US?

Oops...I had the wrong guy. It was eastcoaster obviously.
sechszylinder
Hi folks,

just another pic. Maybe more interesting for those who have to use the original headers providing the original flanges.

bye, and greetings from berlin smilie_flagge6.gif

Benno
So.Cal.914
Thanks sechszylinder Good info. flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.