Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saratoga top cleaning question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Picked up a 76 parts car the other week. It came with a saratoga top that is in pretty good shape. I think I'm going to keep the top, I know I know, bakes you in the sun, fits like crap, .....blah blah blah smile.gif On to my question. It has some scratches and rub marks, nothing to deep. Can these be buffed / polished out? If so what should I use. I will post some pictures later tonight.

Thanks beerchug.gif
r_towle
yes.

I use the stuff from the motorcycle stores, it works great on the motorcycle plasitc windshield, so it would work great on the top.

ask at a dealer, the nice stuff is at the dealer, not the FLAPS/

Rich
41ghost
yes you can get them out if they are not to deep, get some nova polish from a motorcycle shop and go for it. did it myself and it worked great. works good on boat windsheilds too.
736conver
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Apr 12 2007, 04:08 PM) *

Picked up a 76 parts car the other week. It came with a saratoga top that is in pretty good shape. I think I'm going to keep the top, I know I know, bakes you in the sun, fits like crap, .....blah blah blah smile.gif On to my question. It has some scratches and rub marks, nothing to deep. Can these be buffed / polished out? If so what should I use. I will post some pictures later tonight.

Thanks beerchug.gif

Dont know what you should use but I wouldnt want to make a mistake and use the wrong thing. It would be an expensive learning curve. So with that being said, have you tried any of your local plastic shops.

I went down to mine to get some work done and I saw this lexan clear plastic picture frame. It must of been 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide. They told me it was made of 4 pieces of lexan and it was flamed polished to remove all seams. It looked like one piece of glass. I'm sure someone in the business could make it look like new again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.