Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Console Stereo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
STP
Has anyone ever mounted a deck in their center console? I want to do this when the time comes but I'm curious if it's been done.
jrmole
QUOTE(STP @ Apr 12 2007, 06:10 PM) *

Has anyone ever mounted a deck in their center console? I want to do this when the time comes but I'm curious if it's been done.

I got a Sony head unit that supports a remote. It is intended to go on the steering column, but I put it on the console part near the defroster lever. The head unit went in the stock position. It solved the can't-reach-it-while-driving problem nicely without too much rework.

I would send you a picture, but the interior is torn out again.
Gint
Moving to the garage... Better response there than here in the classifieds.
ClayPerrine
You could be period correct and put an 8-Track unit in the center console.... chairfall.gif
East coaster
I blocked off the factory location for a clean dash face and put my head unit in the center console. As a side benefit, it's within reach even with shoulder harness on.

Here's some pics, ignore the undressed wiring in the pics, that's clean now:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=interior
EdwardBlume
You could be period correct and put an 8-Track unit in the center console....

I actually do still have the 8-track in there. beer3.gif
Tobra
I did that in my convertible bug. I was going for the "stereo already stolen" look. Left a hole in the dash where the stereo went, even had fake wires hanging out. Speakers were under the seat.

I was thinking of doing the stereo in the console and put gauges in the radio hole in the 914. Hardly ever listen to the radio in that car anyway, and I would rather look at gauges than a radio
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.