Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Seal NOS - 3 available?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
kconway
I thought I'd post this here so it would get more attention, all things considered sounds reaaonably priced. Auction says he's got 3. Wish I could afford it but I guess I'll bet on the come with AA's repro...

NOS Seal
Gint
Looks like I'm an owner. I don't like that "instant pay now" crap though. But he does have good feedback. You throws the dice and ya takes yer chances...
TROJANMAN
idea.gif
skline
I just look at it and it had 3, by the time I hit the watch, it only had one left. They are going fast!!
Gint
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 12 2007, 07:00 PM) *

idea.gif
You could get a OEM seal in a package deal if you play your cards right. I already had one OEM seal.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 12 2007, 06:52 PM) *

Looks like I'm an owner. I don't like that "instant pay now" crap though. But he does have good feedback. You throws the dice and ya takes yer chances...

Mike,
The seller is known to me personally. I will stand behind him. He is solid people...
Rob
Gint
I appreciate the feedback Robby. But I'm still waiting for an instant response to my instant payment. Fair is fair...
Gint
I spoke too soon...

No worries, no scam here. See my feedback. It will ship tomorrow. I'll send a tracking #

Fair price for a rare item IMHO.
914werke
drooley.gif
skline
All gone, that was fast! Like Vultures

Hey Mike, we need a vulture smiley.......Insert it here
echocanyons
Thanks for posting! mine is pretty beat and these things are impossible to find.
John
dflesburg
nope, just another rumor...
rmital
1 more out there
ppickerell
To all of you who bought these before I had a chance, confused24.gif WTF.gif alfred.gif

I just finished my paint and assemble. I NEED THIS SEAL! Anyone want to sell me theirs for $400?

EDIT: Just ordered from the dealer $257.
echocanyons
Just confirmed these ARE available from porsche and in the states.

283.07 is the price before other discounts
bd1308
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Apr 13 2007, 02:01 PM) *

Just confirmed these ARE available from porsche and in the states.

283.07 is the price before other discounts

Whhhat?

spunone
YEAH whats the part # and I'll give the Local Dealer acall boldblue.gif
echocanyons
>74 style is 91456303910
TROJANMAN
idea.gif
rmital
just got off the phone with:
Jack Daniels Porsche
123 W State Rt 4
Paramus, NJ
(201)368-7300

$258...could have them in a couple days. Already sold and delivered some locally up by me.

also Prestige Porsche in Pearl River, NY just called me back saying they have them too....but their's is $283.
TROJANMAN
very cool. no wonder the guy on ebay wanted instant payment idea.gif
Chris Pincetich
Is this the end of an era??!?! beerchug.gif
November 2005 I started WTB and Garage threads needing this seal and eventually that this seal was NLA, and have been following the roller coaster market ever since...I REALLY HOPE that it is back in stock.

I have black silicone patches in mine, and an excellent shape used OEM on the shelf to install as I pretty up the interior before WCR in June. New seals for $250? I better hurry up and try to sell my used one, I was hoping to get $300 for it laugh.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
they are! Look in the member vendor section!
echocanyons
210 from AA what a deal!
John
Sorry bro, but it appears as if some saw my earlier post before I edited it.

The cat seems to be out of the bag.

My brother called me this morning about these seals available from Porsche.

No longer NLA......
will
just called my local dealer and they are available for ordering: $257.
looks like all dealers in the US can now order this part.
dflesburg
Yeah, less than 50 available right now in the US and Canada.

Hope mine comes. Since I was the one who solved the puzzle first...
Gint
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Apr 12 2007, 07:27 PM) *

Mike,
The seller is known to me personally. I will stand behind him. He is solid people...
Rob

Good people huh? Making an extra $200 before the word got out. Yeah, your bud is a real solid.
kconway
Sorry guys...I have no affiliation with this seller. I saw it and genuinely considered purchasing one myself.
Gint
Hey man, it's not your fault.

He obviously picked up as many as he could afford or that a local dealer had on hand yesterday and put up an auction with a "instant payment required". Sheesh...

It's not really the money. It's the nature of the tactics used that really pisses me off. He knew exactly what he was doing.
kconway
There are several others that have popped up on evilbay already...amazing.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 13 2007, 08:47 PM) *

He obviously picked up as many as he could afford or that a local dealer had on hand yesterday and put up an auction with a "instant payment required".

idea.gif It certainly seems that way

"You are bidding on a BRAND NEW Porsche factory Targa seal. This is an impossible seal to find new............
It's not a fake replica and it's in the Porsche original packaging.
Don't miss this one! Check my feedback, I don't sell junk....It's priced low for a quick sale. The last one sold on e-Bay for over $900.00"
PRS914-6
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 12 2007, 07:41 PM) *

I spoke too soon...

No worries, no scam here. See my feedback. It will ship tomorrow. I'll send a tracking #

Fair price for a rare item IMHO.

Ok guys, I don't appreciate getting hammered but understand your feelings. I did not know who purchased them until now.

Gint I don't think it's appropriate for an Admin to post "scam artist" You know nothing of my costs to get, method to get the seals, where I purchased them or when. Frankly it's none of your business. You stated my name on this forum for no reason than to slam me without knowing the facts. You feel you got scammed but you do this? Are you better? As an Admin this is rediculous. You complained about Brad and now this? As an Admin you certainly must know how to PM or send an e-mail and not bring this on the forum. An apology is due.....

914World Rules, (we gotta have a few)
Don't call anyone names. Treat other members like your mother taught you - If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

For the record.....

I ordered seals 9 months ago not including what I already had. I have diligantly e-mailed Porsche and the dealer to keep backorders active so Porsche will make the seals. I check and e-mail weekly or more. In other threads, I have encouraged others to do the same.

I paid for overnight shipping. Check overnight fees and add it to the retail price of $277.00. Did you really get scammed? The expedited shipping guarunteed I would get them but cost much more both from Porsche and again to get them to me.

Other seals were on E-Bay that were cheaper than mine. Nobody made you purchase the seal. If you looked, you would have seen them.

I never came on this forum and mentioned a word about the seals. If I really wanted to make money, I could have listed them much higher, a few days sooner and posted the link. I did not. I'm not a dealer or AA and it took significant effort and money to get the seals.

Look at my feedback on e-Bay and the items I sell. EVERYTHING I sell is "Buy it now" I'm frequently gone. If people don't pay quickly, I'm not home to ship it.

You think that the seals are available? Guess what? USA and Germany are already sold out. By Saturday AM the Porsche inventory will be corrected to 0. Try to order one from a dealer now. It won't come unless it's already on the way. It will be dry again in a few weeks (or days) after AA sells out. A total of about 60 seals were released and existing back orders were filled. The rest were bought in a frenzie. Wait a few weeks and you can sell your seal for more than you paid. But sure, YOU wouldn't do that. Be glad you have the seal.

As for e-Bay, it's a world market and it's not "scamming people" or crime to list something for sale at any price and at any profit or loss. YOU chose to purchase it. If you bought a car and the next week it went on sale cheaper, is the dealer a scammer? We all know that a seal sold for $1200.00 not long ago. How many people on e-By say "Look at other places, you might be able to buy this cheaper"

Now if you want to keep throwing this out on the forum that's fine. Inappropriate as it is. I have nothing to hide.

and.....your seal was shipped today.
echocanyons
The fact of the matter is that you used the NLA tactic when you knew damn well that Porsche was releasing at least some recently. You also used the pay now tactic to get paid before the word got out, another verification that you knew that they were being released. Very shady in my book at the very least....

I did buy one for the pumped your price, I'm not happy about what I know now but I don't expect a refund.

Like Gint said it's not the money so much as the point that a fellow enthusiast would purposefully do this to another. sheeplove.gif
Gint
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Apr 14 2007, 12:34 AM) *
Gint I don't think it's appropriate for an Admin to post "scam artist" You know nothing of my costs to get, method to get the seals, where I purchased them or when. Frankly it's none of your business. You stated my name on this forum for no reason than to slam me without knowing the facts. You feel you got scammed but you do this? Are you better? As an Admin this is rediculous. You complained about Brad and now this? As an Admin you certainly must know how to PM or send an e-mail and not bring this on the forum. An apology is due.....

914World Rules, (we gotta have a few)
Don't call anyone names. Treat other members like your mother taught you - If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

You are right about that. However, the only apology I'll make is to the members for my viloation of a forum rule. I have since modified my post. I will not apologize to you. And Robby stated your name first Thursday night when this thread was posted. He has since edited his post. Tell you what, I'll also edit that post. My opinion of you has not changed even after reading your reply. And bringing up Brad borders on violation of a rule also. FWIW, what I have done here is not even close to the same thing. And you never heard me complain about Brad. I'll end that there.

For the record.....

I ordered seals 9 months ago not including what I already had. I have diligantly e-mailed Porsche and the dealer to keep backorders active so Porsche will make the seals. I check and e-mail weekly or more. In other threads, I have encouraged others to do the same.

I paid for overnight shipping. Check overnight fees and add it to the retail price of $277.00. Did you really get scammed? The expedited shipping guarunteed I would get them but cost much more both from Porsche and again to get them to me.

Other seals were on E-Bay that were cheaper than mine. Nobody made you purchase the seal. If you looked, you would have seen them.

I never came on this forum and mentioned a word about the seals. If I really wanted to make money, I could have listed them much higher, a few days sooner and posted the link. I did not. I'm not a dealer or AA and it took significant effort and money to get the seals.

Look at my feedback on e-Bay and the items I sell. EVERYTHING I sell is "Buy it now" I'm frequently gone. If people don't pay quickly, I'm not home to ship it.

You think that the seals are available? Guess what? USA and Germany are already sold out. By Saturday AM the Porsche inventory will be corrected to 0. Try to order one from a dealer now. It won't come unless it's already on the way. It will be dry again in a few weeks (or days) after AA sells out. A total of about 60 seals were released and existing back orders were filled. The rest were bought in a frenzie. Wait a few weeks and you can sell your seal for more than you paid. But sure, YOU wouldn't do that. Be glad you have the seal.

As for e-Bay, it's a world market and it's not "scamming people" or crime to list something for sale at any price and at any profit or loss. YOU chose to purchase it. If you bought a car and the next week it went on sale cheaper, is the dealer a scammer? We all know that a seal sold for $1200.00 not long ago. How many people on e-By say "Look at other places, you might be able to buy this cheaper"

Now if you want to keep throwing this out on the forum that's fine. Inappropriate as it is. I have nothing to hide.

and.....your seal was shipped today.

You say you're not a dealer but yet you ordered a quantity some time ago and implied that you weren't out to make money, but you're selling them on ebay for a profit. You make it sound like you were doing all of this for the community good. But your tactics, especially the rather odd one of requiring immediate payment indicate otherwise. Why? Because everyone was going to know that day or the next that the dealer had them available. As I said, it wasn't so much about the the money. It was the "NLA" and other tactics used on ebay. Aside from that though and to respond you your statement that I probably couldn't get one now, I dare say that I could probably still buy a seal from AA even if I were to call them this Saturday morning.

Wait a few weeks and you can sell your seal for more than you paid. But sure, YOU wouldn't do that. Be glad you have the seal.

No. I wouldn't. I'm not in this to make a profit. It's my hobby. And the people on this forum are my friends. I have two seals because I have 2 cars that need them.

And BTW, the quote of my post that you made was before I realized the nature of the tactics you used.
Tobra
Maybe I will deal with the local dealer on this one, nah, would rather pay extra for shipping
smontanaro
Part Pricer lists two part numbers, 914 563 035 10 for 73 and earlier and 914 563 039 10 for 74 and later. Are they interchangeable?

Thanks,

Skip
SLITS
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Apr 14 2007, 08:32 AM) *

Part Pricer lists two part numbers, 914 563 035 10 for 73 and earlier and 914 563 039 10 for 74 and later. Are they interchangeable?

Thanks,

Skip

The later replaced the former. For all intents and purposes, they are the same.

BTW .... The order I placed over one year ago, with a substantial deposit with a dealer in Germany ...... I cancelled (hopefully my money will come back). I had 40 seals on order and didn't get notified they were releasing any. So, with that in mind, fuck Porsche ....
Allan
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Apr 14 2007, 07:32 AM) *

Thanks,

Skip

agree.gif Are they? I have a '74. Is the AA seal the correct one?
Allan
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 14 2007, 07:51 AM) *

I had 40 seals on order and didn't get notified they were releasing any. So, with that in mind, fuck Porsche ....

I was wondering about that. WTF.gif
736conver

BTW .... The order I placed over one year ago, with a substantial deposit with a dealer in Germany ...... I cancelled (hopefully my money will come back). I had 40 seals on order and didn't get notified they were releasing any. So, with that in mind, fuck Porsche ....

I was wondering what happen to your order. That was alot of change you invested.
SLITS
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 14 2007, 08:54 AM) *

Thanks,

Skip

Allan .... I wouldn't have answered what I did if they weren't. The first number no longer exists according to the importer I was working with and he imports stuff all the time.
skline
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 14 2007, 08:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 14 2007, 08:54 AM) *

Thanks,

Skip

Allan .... I wouldn't have answered what I did if they weren't. The first number no longer exists according to the importer I was working with and he imports stuff all the time.

So did you ever get anything from them? I noticed you had one up the Evilbay.
SLITS
Scott .... The one on eBay is not mine. I was asked by one of the purchasers of the contested seals to put it up for him. My rating is such that I can do all of the features of eBay and he couldn't.

No, I didn't get dick, well maybe I got fucked, from Porsche.

Edit .... shit like this really makes me wanna dump all the teener shit and buy a Honda.
anthony
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Apr 13 2007, 02:59 PM) *

210 from AA what a deal!

How do you get one for $210. They are $308.81 on AA's web site.

sixnotfour
special 914world deal , members vendors area, talked to george today 210.00
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 13 2007, 09:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Apr 12 2007, 07:27 PM) *

Mike,
Rob

Good people huh? Making an extra $200 before the word got out. Yeah, your bud is a real solid.

Mike,

I edited my post because it wasn't right of me to identify an ebay seller without permission. I am sorry you feel like you got screwed but I still think Paul had no intentions to screw anyone. He has given me parts and we are not close friends. Last I saw him was last year at at the Silver Star concours / swap meet.
Paul and I have the same Porsche parts guy. He tells me that all that were released are probably going to fill back orders. So basically they are still NLA. My guess is Paul ordered more than he needed to become "a bigger fish" so if they were released he might get them.
Paul is a decent guy. I would guess he isn't making a cent on these. What he says about being gone a lot is true as well. He is a consultant and does some traveling to execute projects he consults for. If he wants to sell something on Ebay I would guess he would need to sell it quick so he can ship it before he is gone for a week again. Otherwise he would have bad feedback for slow shipping.

I hope you feel different after taking some time to think over your responses.
PRS914-6
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 14 2007, 08:51 AM) *

About two weeks ago, I received an e-mail from Porsche that the seals would not be available until next year. A week ago they were shipped overnight with no notice. Thats just the way it goes.....I however had already prepaid the expedite fees and was at the top of the list for shipping since it has been active for 9 months.

One thing that everyone should know about ordering parts from Porsche is the "expedite rule" It does not matter if you ordered a 1000 parts and been waiting 10 years. Expedite orders take precedence. They call it "car down". Anyone can come along at the last minute and pay "expedite fees" and jump to the top of the list. Those on "expedite" first will be shipped first since other orders are assumed "stock orders" and Porsche figures it's no hurry. All the expedite people get shipped in the order placed before the regular or back orders REGARDLESS OF AGE Basically if you want a delivery guaruntee, pay the extra fees.

I have no idea how you ordered the seals but if you did not pay the expedite, you are at the bottom of the list.....

So when all the seal were shown available on Porsche's inventory, the big dealers knew enough to expedite the order and jump to the top and get them all since very few were released. The back orders were out of luck and now only the dealers that knew the rules will have the seals since Porsche factory inventory is now 0. That could change tomorrow or 10 years from now.....nobody knows

NLA is not always NLA....Here is an example.....Everyone knows a 914 dash is NLA and is listed as so. I recently bought a brand new dash right from Porsche. One dash was returned to inventory (probably from a return) . When I heard there was one, I payed the expedite fees to lock it in. I now have a brand new dash in the box ready to install and it was far cheaper than a re-cover.

It's a simple matter of learning the rules, being persistant and having a good dealer to work with that won't get mad when you frequently call. Sometimes it takes awhile but it's worth learning and sometimes worth the extra money.

Good Luck.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Apr 14 2007, 05:36 AM) *

The fact of the matter is that you used the NLA tactic when you knew damn well that Porsche was releasing at least some recently. You also used the pay now tactic to get paid before the word got out, another verification that you knew that they were being released. Very shady in my book at the very least....

I did buy one for the pumped your price, I'm not happy about what I know now but I don't expect a refund.

Like Gint said it's not the money so much as the point that a fellow enthusiast would purposefully do this to another. sheeplove.gif

agree.gif 100%

This website (and others rolleyes.gif) is like a family. After I purchased the seal, I immediately called a half dozen or so people, and offered the seal to them at the price I paid (before word got out about the new ones of course). I did not try and sell the seal to them for a profit. I tried to offer them (what i thought was) a good deal on a hard to find item. Little did I know I was being suckered by phrases like "Impossible to find new" and "Don't Miss this one". Reading your statement above, you had prior knowledge that more seals were being released, so I find your tactics disingenous, to say the least. And I do not think that is a slanderous statement. I am just stating what the facts are. You may not be a scammer, but you were deliberately misleading. Whether you made a profit or not, does not matter. You were still misleading members of our tight knit community.

And like stated above.......it's not the money, it's the tactic.
I try and live by integrity, and hope I never need to worry about bad karma, but to each his own.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.