Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheap HID option
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
Okay, so some might consider this a bit ricey but....

Harbor Freight now sells HID foglights. $180 is really cheap for HID anything.
HID foglamps/driving lights

Anyway, for those in need of replacement fog lights, they might be excellent.

For headlights they might be useable though they might require modification. Felix has a pair of similar Hella lights in his Neo914-6 car. With only one pair of these you won't get hi/low beams. However at $180 a pair, it becomes almost affordable to have two pairs, one configured for high, the other configured for low beam.

I will probably try and modify a set of these at some point once I work down my list of projects to finish up. But if anyone else wants to try it out, they look like a promising alternative to the very expensive Hella units.

-Tony
Gint
Guess where my jackstands came from. laugh.gif

I won't risk more than $50 at H.F. any more. That's just me...
TonyAKAVW
Well, I wouldn't reccomend using HID headlights to hold up your car. It would take quite a pile of them.

smile.gif

Yeah the thought had come across my mind... "Do I trust Harbor Freight with my headlights?"

-Tony
Gint
Do I trust a H.F. product enough to blow 180 of my hard earned $$$ is the question. I've bought too much junk from them in the past. I'm willing to blow $20 or $30 bucks, but $180?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.