Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 viper green metallic paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JamesBernard
Hello,
I was looking to try and find the original viper green metallic paint for my '76 914 2.0L.
Where do you find the old paint now adays?

Thanks again!
James
McMark
Old paint will be unusable at this point. Go to the paint supplier that the body shops use. They should be able to mix some up for you without issue. The same color was used on VWs as well. The paint code is in the 914 Info section (top of page).
JamesBernard
The place thats painting it is ghetto as hell.
Everyone running it is a tweaker and is missing their two front teeth.
I highly doubt they know where to get the right paint, or how to mix it for that matter. That's why i posted this, haha i need to find a supplier that can help me out with it. The color of my car doesnt match the color code, so the idea of using the color code is kind of out of the picture.
I posted a log about it a while back
addwestern
Try Jerry's Paint in Sacramento. They mixed up some Saturn Yellow for my old 1.7- they even pumped it in aerosol cans for the trim areas. They are awesome!

Jerry's Info

Nate
JamesBernard
Does he have an email address?
Or should i give him a call?
boxstr
Try Industrial Finishes in Portland or Beaverton. Or Rainbow Finishes in Oregon City.
They can do a computer match, you can take a sample of the paint color from your car, and the paint code from the plate on the door jamb.
CCLIN914NATION
BMartin914
QUOTE(JamesBernard @ Apr 13 2007, 02:43 PM) *

The place thats painting it is ghetto as hell.
Everyone running it is a tweaker and is missing their two front teeth.
I highly doubt they know where to get the right paint, or how to mix it for that matter. That's why i posted this, haha i need to find a supplier that can help me out with it. The color of my car doesnt match the color code, so the idea of using the color code is kind of out of the picture.
I posted a log about it a while back

And you are trusting them with your car???

Competence would be key in my search for an autobody / paint shop...
addwestern
QUOTE(JamesBernard @ Apr 14 2007, 11:45 PM) *

Does he have an email address?
Or should i give him a call?

Jerry's does have an e-mail somewhere- but I can't find it. They are a very respected supplier in Sacramento- I would give them a call. BTW- that is an awesome color- especially when accented by Fuchs.

N
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.