Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Model Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
Here are some pics of a 914 model I have. I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the original kit, so I make a few modifications...
thomasotten
Paint is leftover from my real car.
URY914
Is that the 1/24th Revell plastic kit?

Paul
thomasotten
Rear bumber is from a 911 model, so is the rear lens...
Aaron Cox
That is PIMP smilie_pokal.gif
thomasotten
Yup.. thats the Revell kit that you had to buy with the 928 and the 911.
thomasotten
And, here is the best part... straight out of a 80-something 911 targa model...
drew365
Cool! Looks like my car if I ever get around to painting it.
Aaron Cox
youve been busy! i like the 911 steering wheel blowtorch.gif
DrifterJay
very cool indeed. good work..llets see a v8 conversion in the next one welder.gif
thomasotten
Wheels are also from a 911 model. Hand painted Testor's Silver, of course...
skline
That is so cool, I got one of those too. Mine is a little bigger and will be a diffrent color when I am done. I think I need to get me one of the mini ones too.
URY914
Here is a photo of my "race team". I built this in about 1979. I was ready to go IMSA GTU racing with it. Revell 911 and AMT Chevy van and race trailer.

Man that was a long time ago...

Paul
Aaron Cox
ury needs to make a light weight "kite" version.... wink.gif
thomasotten
Lets just say that there was a time when I had much more time on my hands than money... like now!
DrifterJay
holy shit Skline, is that your garage right now???
thomasotten
The flares are made out of 100% modeler's putty. Notice, no body sag!
skline
No, That was a picture I took just before putting the Chalon inside the garage. It currently has the suspension off for the 911 swap out. You saw it the other day, it hasnt changed any. The yellow one is down off the jackstands and actually runs. I just need to dial everything in before I drive it much.
thomasotten
Front bumper: Made out of plastic and balsa wood. I just droped the original chrome bumper down a bit, and made a 911 style bumper out of balsa wood.
thomasotten
URY914
I spent hours and hours working on my models. I went from Matchbox to slot cars to models.
Now I have a 1:1 scale toy.

Great looking job smilie_pokal.gif

Now get the 1:18th Revell and do it.

Paul
thomasotten
Another nice low profile shot...
thomasotten
Well, thats about it. I hope everyone enjoyed.

-Thomas
maf914
Thomas,

Way to go. Nice work.

What type body filler or putty did you use for the flares? I have a possible model project that will require some body mods, but was concerned about putty being stable and strong enough.

BTW, I just received a Mini Racing 1/43 916 resin kit ordered from Grand Prix Models. The body molding looks very nice.

Mike
thomasotten
For the flares I glued paper down for the base, then put that testors modeler's putty over that and sanded.

-Thomas
mike_the_man
Is that a Saratoga top? You could sell that for big money on Ebay, ya know.
Scott S
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Dec 2 2003, 05:39 PM)
The flares are made out of 100% modeler's putty.

Just like the full size version! wink.gif
need4speed
Maybe I should try doing a 914 for the Cub Scouts pinewood derby this year? I did a 550 a couple years ago, turned out like crap. Aw hell, I don't have time this year. Nor do I have a decent model 914 to work off of. And this is our last year in Cub Scouts. . . oh well.
Aaron Cox
could a cnc machine make a nice solid model out of delrin? ...have to "map" it first tho right?
dmenche914
neato, where you get that giant 12 pack of diet coke???
dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.