Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - LP vs Natural Gas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
i have a city NG line in my backyard that i ran an old grill from, great not needing to refill LP tanks.

i tried to order gas grilles ready for NG from sears and home depot and both places cancelled my order (after weeks gone by) seems they only stock grilles ready for LP.

any reason i can't run a grille ready for LP on NG if I have the correct NG regulator? i've seen it done a few times.
Crazyhippy
Different BTU outputs. My father in law bought a convertable grill from lowes, and the "conversion" to NG was removing some jets just before the burner... Need more NG to get the same heat... just for fun we tried the grill w/ the inserts in (set up for LP) on NG, and it was barely able to keep the flames lit.

There are BBQ specific message boards out there... Lots of info from some very grill minded individuals.

BJH
grantsfo
Hamsters
Crazyhippy
I find hamsters to be really caustic to the rubber hoses... have to evacuate the system anytime you aren't using the Q...

Also need to use a bigger jet yet again (or lots of pressure)

BJH biggrin.gif
Michael N
Go to Weber.com and link to a site that can deliver a natural gas unit. Weber makes units that are natural gas specific. Weber is not price fixed but they hold advertising $ over retailers heads to make sure they are priced the same everywhere. A Weber will last.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I changed one from L.P. to natural gas a few yrs. ago. Ran gas line,changed one jet and it was good to go. Sold the house , last time i drove there are still using it.

Dave slap.gif
abbott295
Also check with your natual gas supplier. They probably offer grills and other appliances. In fact, there are probably little advertisements included with your bill. At least they do here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.