Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Underwater lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Teknon
I have looked around and have NOT seen gaskets for the tail lights. Do they make such an amimal?

Is anyone addressing this problem out there with their advanced 914 engineering? WTF.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Teknon @ Apr 13 2007, 03:01 PM) *

I have looked around and have NOT seen gaskets for the tail lights. Do they make such an amimal?

Is anyone addressing this problem out there with their advanced 914 engineering? WTF.gif

i know the repro lenses come with new gaskets for between the lense and the housing.

i added additional gaskets (that i made myself) between the housing and the body to prevent the rear trunk turning into an aquarium every time i wash the car ...
bye1.gif Andy
Allan
I have drain holes drilled in my trunk... biggrin.gif
sww914
You could easily install some butyl tape in-between the lamp housings and the body if you're having problems. It's available at autobody supply stores in various diameters.
Teknon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 13 2007, 04:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Teknon @ Apr 13 2007, 03:01 PM) *

i know the repro lenses come with new gaskets for between the lense and the housing.

i added additional gaskets (that i made myself) between the housing and the body to prevent the rear trunk turning into an aquarium every time i wash the car ...
bye1.gif Andy

Thanks Andy Im gunna try and make something to do it. The tape sounds good ill go look at it. cool.gif
Teknon
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 13 2007, 05:28 PM) *

You could easily install some butyl tape in-between the lamp housings and the body if you're having problems. It's available at autobody supply stores in various diameters.

thumb3d.gif
SGB
the butyl tape I got was really more of a butyl worm. It definately sealed the lenses- too much, IMO, since I almost broke the lense when (of course) a bulb failed shortly after I sealed it up. My original lenses had a white seal that ran in a channel in the lense. It shrank and dried to the point of uselessness. It would be nice to find a source. Hmmm... maybe the dealer?
41ghost
autoatlanta has them.
markb
GPR has them, also.
Teknon
QUOTE(41ghost @ Apr 14 2007, 08:07 PM) *

autoatlanta has them.

Thanks I found it $16.50 a piece barf.gif
Teknon
QUOTE(markb @ Apr 15 2007, 12:16 AM) *

GPR has them, also.

I wasn't able to find them on there site. headbang.gif
Tobra
QUOTE(41ghost @ Apr 14 2007, 08:07 PM) *

autoatlanta has them.

that is where I got mine, I was going to use foam dental roll, then I saw they had it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.