Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DFW Its a TORNADO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
We got hail, winds, flooding Im going undercover for a little while huh.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Apr 13 2007, 05:34 PM) *

We got hail, winds, flooding Im going undercover for a little while huh.gif

GOOD LUCK!!! Hope we hear from you soon!
spare time toys
We made it OK the storm has past but over around DFW airport they said baseball sized hail huh.gif Did you mid cities guys do OK confused24.gif At one point the radar showed BLACK over around Clays place blink.gif Check in guys if you need some help cleaning up let us know
Grelber
We got a decent amount of rain up here in McKinney, but nothing more. Just an average rain storm.

The radar looks clear out to the west (for now).
skline
I am watching KLST from Texas via satallite and it has a tornado watch and wind advisory on the screen. Keep yourself inside and cover the cars.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Apr 13 2007, 07:56 PM) *

We made it OK the storm has past but over around DFW airport they said baseball sized hail huh.gif Did you mid cities guys do OK confused24.gif At one point the radar showed BLACK over around Clays place blink.gif Check in guys if you need some help cleaning up let us know

We, East Coasters, get it in the form of another Nor'Easter on Sunday. Jeez, I can't wait. Let's total up the things that have kept me from getting under my 914 - damned cold - what global warming? Broken back - we're over that. Blown knee maniscus - close to getting over that. Scary jackstands? - I'm going under anyway - they took care of me for 25 years.

Nor'Easter? Just means my deck furnture will be 3 blocks away when it's over. Another damned pain in the ass.

Could I PLEASE ask when I can start working on my 914, without the fu_king weather getting in the way?

Sorry, between the old fart pains & the weather, I'm getting a little testy!

Feel better for venting. though!
Pat
meador36
Well it was bad heading from LBJ to Sanger. No it is fine. Hope every is ok
doper
oh please ! I just finished pushing 8" of snow .... boo hoo ... naw wait ..crap I'm tired of this crap too ! how bout 70 and no percipitation for awhile ?
doper
Wait I feel for the folks that get the big hail .. I lost my honda civic and my dump truck windows on the same night and it wasnt vandels ! Man did I jump up when it started ... what the heck was that ... a roof .. two windshields and new honda later ... here I am ...
doper
Keep the faith folks .. this too shall pass .. in about an hour ...
rick 918-S
Maybe I'll get to work in Texas... popcorn[1].gif If I get called the Atomic Ramble is off for me.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 13 2007, 10:03 PM) *

Maybe I'll get to work in Texas... popcorn[1].gif If I get called the Atomic Ramble is off for me.

Storm chaser?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 13 2007, 07:06 PM) *

Storm chaser?

CAT Adjuster. When the big hail hits I climb up and down laders for a couple of weeks or months.
Brian_Boss
My brother lives in Ft Worth right on the border of Haltom City and he emailed me pics of hail stones that were at least 2 inches across.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 13 2007, 10:09 PM) *

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 13 2007, 07:06 PM) *

Storm chaser?

CAT Adjuster. When the big hail hits I climb up and down laders for a couple of weeks or months.

Yes. I know Rick. Just trying to be a smartass. Ya know, like a lawyer being an ambulance chaser. drunk.gif
Crazyhippy
It was soo damn miserable here today.. i might have gotten a sunburn tongue.gif

BJ(is this why i spent more on a damn condo here than a house elsewhere?)H
spare time toys
Click to view attachment

This was in Richland Hills huh.gif Isnt that close to Clays place???
ClayPerrine
I am home... and a bit drunk.....

Betty said it was really bad here, and the sirens were going off. I was at work,and a look at the weather radar showed that I wasn't going to beat it home, so I stayed at work and put our BMW (Inga) under cover.

Richland hills is south of us a bit. We got bigger than golf ball sized hail here, Betty saved some in a bag in the freezer.

I got to see the cleanup of a really bad wreck. I came up on it, and the cops stopped the traffic with me in the very front to let an ambulance go by. I got to watch the fire department cut the roof off an Hummer H2 to get a screaming woman out. There were 2 other bodies on the ground already, covered in tarps.

Now you know why I am drunk for the first time in close to 18 years...

drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.