Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clean line front fender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nola914
This 914 is on Ebay right now. Notice how the turn signal mounts have been shaved off the frpnt fenders. This leaves a nice clean line. Is this just body work, or replacement fenders?? Anyone have any ideas?

I would find a better looking signal lense though. That square one leaves a lot to be desired.
Aaron Cox
search "SLANT NOSE"

many done before. some look good, some not so much. gets a bit wierd with flares
jim_hoyland
CLEAN LOOKING biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(nola914 @ Apr 13 2007, 08:41 PM) *

Notice how the turn signal mounts have been shaved off the frpnt fenders. This leaves a nice clean line.

icon8.gif barf.gif

but hey, that's just my humble opinion ...
beerchug.gif Andy
messix
sure looks ausome and while your at it why dont you put a suby engine in it too alfred.gif and then you could put lambo door kit on it and maybe a big ol ricer wing on it too!

then it wont look anything like a 914... maybe like a del sol! much better! barf.gif

don't mind me juat a crusty old fart that likes the unique look of the 914, except those figging warts that are the side marker lights! can i get an Amen!
DerekKim
Woo hoo another deep south poster! Welcome! Yeah I enjoy the slant nose. Some of the are nice. I was told the 3/4 view was about the best. Some of the others look like anus.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(messix @ Apr 13 2007, 11:28 PM) *

sure looks ausome and while your at it why dont you put a suby engine in it too alfred.gif and then you could put lambo door kit on it and maybe a big ol ricer wing on it too!

then it wont look anything like a 914... maybe like a del sol! much better! barf.gif

don't mind me juat a crusty old fart that likes the unique look of the 914, except those figging warts that are the side marker lights! can i get an Amen!

Amen! At least about the crusty old fart part. ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

God will take away your birthday if you do that to your car.
markb
I've often wondered why no one has tried Vanagon front signals in the bumper when doing one of these. The curve looks to be about right.
Spoke
That car looks nice with the shaved fenders and stock bumper.

But I find myself mired in the past. When the 914 hit the scene in the 70's, I was an impressionable young man and the one thing of the 914 that's burned in my memory (yeah Kramer, I've got memory burn) were the distinct turn signal bumps. I thought they looked so cool and still do today.

Spoke
skline
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 13 2007, 10:10 PM) *

QUOTE(nola914 @ Apr 13 2007, 08:41 PM) *

Notice how the turn signal mounts have been shaved off the frpnt fenders. This leaves a nice clean line.

icon8.gif barf.gif

but hey, that's just my humble opinion ...
beerchug.gif Andy

Andy only likes stock bodied cars with stock looking parts on them. I personally never liked the 916 front bumper, I think it looks like crap, but that is just my opinion. I like the slant nose look, in fact, my new project car has a slant nose and it was done in steel so I am just going to leave it that way and I may try Marks idea with the front turn signals.
SirAndy
QUOTE(skline @ Apr 14 2007, 07:25 AM) *

Andy only likes stock bodied cars with stock looking parts on them.

far from it. i just happen to hate the slant nose ... biggrin.gif

if you spent that much time and effort to make your 914 look like something it isn't, why not buy yourself a car that already looks the way you want from the factory?

i guess i just don't get it ...
blink.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
at least its not a chalame scott poke.gif laugh.gif smile.gif
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 14 2007, 05:35 PM) *

QUOTE(skline @ Apr 14 2007, 07:25 AM) *

Andy only likes stock bodied cars with stock looking parts on them.

far from it. i just happen to hate the slant nose ... biggrin.gif

if you spent that much time and effort to make your 914 look like something it isn't, why not buy yourself a car that already looks the way you want from the factory?

i guess i just don't get it ...
blink.gif Andy

Why spend so much time and energy putting a 3.6 into a teener? To make it something it isn't? Why not just buy yourself a car that already goes fast from the factory? chairfall.gif

I too dont get it confused24.gif

I like the slantnose from every angle except in profile. From the side it looks kinda like a Testarossa kit gone awry.

BJH smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Apr 14 2007, 08:00 PM) *

I too dont get it confused24.gif

i *visually* like the original lines of a 914. that's what got me interested in them in the first place. the looks.
a 3.6L doesn't change the lines of the car at all ...

if you don't like the look of a 914, why bother driving one? if you want a lambo, buy a god damm lambo ...
confused24.gif Andy

PS: btw. it's your car, so what do you care if i like it or not anyways? beerchug.gif
SGB
Although the factory never slantnosed any teeners (that iknow off) the certainly choped some 911s. Made them look kinda sad too IMO, however, thae one above is nicely done 'cept those signals.
craig downs
I'm with Andy on this one. I like the original lines
scotty b
Been done ?? Yeah
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.