Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intermittant Wiper Relay Install...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Getting ready to install the intermittant wiper relay and harness; the stalk on the sterring column was upgraded and the internal tab was removed.

How can I test the intermittant wire thats currently folded back on the harness ?
Can the install be done without removing the fresh air blower?

I did read the thread in the classics and didn't see these answered. Any help/suggestions will be appreciated

Jim
914Sixer
Fresh air should come down. Take the two bolts off on each side. This will give you some working room to get to wiper plugs.
jim_hoyland
Do I need to remove the gas tank to make room ?
anderssj
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 14 2007, 05:39 PM) *

Do I need to remove the gas tank to make room ?

IIRC, I installed mine without removing the tank . . . but that was back when my elbow was still pretty good.
markb
I was able to get to the plugs with some long needlenose pliers. I couldn't get the intermittent to work with the electric pump tho.
Tobra
There was a Superbeetle guy who put intermittent wipers on his car by taking switch off late 70's rabbit. My SB came with intermittent and I believe same switch will work in 914 application
jim_hoyland
Update; Followed the directions that Sir Andy posted. ( now in the classics ) It worked the first time !
markb
Do you have intermittent AND washers?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 7 2007, 09:41 PM) *

Do you have intermittent AND washers?

Yes. I didn't expect it to work with the washer either...I guess the washer position also triggers the relay. How's it do that ?
markb
Very cool! Maybe I'll have another go at mine. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.