Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a real 916 for sale $285,00
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racerx7
I did a search on 916 and nothing came. So, I assume this is not a double post.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?...leadExists=true

IPB Image
About This 911
Mileage: 32,069
Body Style: Coupe
Exterior Color: Duncan Blue
Interior Color: Cork
Stock #: 060814
VIN: 9142330018

Engine: 2.7 Liter
Transmission: manual 5 speed
Drivetrain: RWD
Doors: 2
Get a CARFAX Record Check
Seller's Notes: DEAL PENDING...We will consider interesting trades as part of the transaction. This is a real 1972 Porsche 916. Duncan Blue with original Cork leather interior. The 10th of the 11 handbuilt factory prototypes. The owner of a Porsche 916 can be assured of having one of the most exclusive Porsches in the world. The first 5 were for members of the Porsche family, 4 are though to have been destroyed and this car is 1 of 7 remaining. The 2.7 RS spec engine was the most powerful available from Porsche at the time. Very orignal car. Serious Inquiry's only. Visit us @ www.carsauto.com for a more detailed description of our vehicles! For immediate assistance contact our Sales Department at 866-622-2370 ext. 4 or email us at sales@carsauto.com!
racerx7
IPB Image IPB Image
sww914
WOW! Beautiful car.
johannes
Was for sale on ebay a few month ago ... and there was a thread about this. He is wanting 350 000.

Unfortunatelly the search engine is not able to manage figures alone.

Try "porsche 914" ...
EdwardBlume
Nice car indeed. Not for me though, I like to drive vs park and look. I figure for $350K you can build one from the ground up if you really must have it, and have enough left over to buy a pair of new 911s.

Gustl
QUOTE(racerx7 @ Apr 15 2007, 07:36 AM) *
The first 5 were for members of the Porsche family, 4 are though to have been destroyed and this car is 1 of 7 remaining.

this seems to be a mis-information
10 cars are known
1 car disappeared long time ago, but there is a rumor that the wreck is still somewere stored away

QUOTE(racerx7 @ Apr 15 2007, 07:36 AM) *
Very orignal car.

very relative statement

the car left factory with an other colour ...

wavey.gif Gustl
Bleyseng
what color was it?
BMXerror
911? blink.gif
Mark D.
Gustl
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 15 2007, 05:19 PM) *

what color was it?

dark blue, front bumper was red (like a bordeaux), interior was a similar red

front hood mounted cibies, white PORSCHE script on front and read bumper

I'm very sory, but I'm not allowed to show the photos sad.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
sk8kat1
I smell stromberg.gif .. is this for real?!
echocanyons

I'm very sory, but I'm not allowed to show the photos sad.gif

Why would you not be able to show the photos?
Gustl
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Apr 15 2007, 08:43 PM) *

the photos are directly from the first owner
he didn't want to share them public
I absolutely respect this term
I was more than happy that I've got them!

wavey.gif Gustl
jk76.914
QUOTE(johannes @ Apr 15 2007, 05:12 AM) *

Was for sale on ebay a few month ago ... and there was a thread about this. He is wanting 350 000.

Try "porsche 914" ...

I saved the pics from that earlier thread. Good reference for how flared rocker panels are supposed to look- I have the rest as well, if anyone's interested-
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
BigD9146gt
QUOTE(Gustl @ Apr 15 2007, 01:30 PM) *

QUOTE(echocanyons @ Apr 15 2007, 08:43 PM) *

the photos are directly from the first owner
he didn't want to share them public
I absolutely respect this term
I was more than happy that I've got them!

wavey.gif Gustl

WTF.gif Cock tease!
scotty b
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Apr 15 2007, 12:37 PM) *

QUOTE(johannes @ Apr 15 2007, 05:12 AM) *

Try "porsche 914" ...

I saved the pics from that earlier thread. Good reference for how flared rocker panels are supposed to look- I have the rest as well, if anyone's interested-
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

This appears to be the same car featured in one of AA's older catalogs (printed one) Is it?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Apr 15 2007, 09:27 AM) *

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 15 2007, 05:19 PM) *

what color was it?

dark blue, front bumper was red (like a bordeaux), interior was a similar red
front hood mounted cibies, white PORSCHE script on front and read bumper

agree.gif the car looked very different back then.

while it does look nice now, it's a repaint in a non-original color ...
bye1.gif Andy

PS: the car is here in san francisco, if anyone wants to have a peek at it ...
Johny Blackstain
http://www.carsauto.com/detail.cfm?ID=174786

drooley.gif

shades.gif
Johny Blackstain
This appears to be the same car featured in one of AA's older catalogs (printed one) Is it?

It looks darker Blue in the old white AA catalog but I would tend to agree w/ you Scotty.

cool_shades.gif
RS22b
WOW! love the color. that thing looks very imaculate compared to basically every 914 ive ever seen. Although alot of guys cars on here are really nice too!
SirAndy
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Apr 15 2007, 09:09 AM) *

911? blink.gif

yeah, what a bunch of loons ... slap.gif

1972 Porsche 911
WTF.gif
racerx7

If the owner got close to $285,000, makes you wonder how much that car would
sell for if it was not so easy to duplicate for less the $50k. Like if they never made
any 914 or 914-6.
BKLA
Isn't that the same 916 that appeared in "Excellence" an issue or two ago?

How many blue and pumpkin 916's were (are?) there?

neat car but I never liked the 916 nose and tail treatments.... give me a GT any ol' day!
Justinp71
That's a museum piece.. it would go good with Seinfields collection or maybe Jay Leno. At least if you built one for $40-50k you could drive it.
burton73
This car has been offered before at a lower number. Jay or Jerry did not want them or it would not be for sale now. This car has been for sale for some time.

I saved the pictures when this car was for sale back a few years ago. My computer says year 2000. I believe the can was in Southern Cal. Oxnard area before it made its way up to San Francisco. I see the background is from the same set as Scotty B pictures.

This car is the best of the colors interior combos Porsche ever offered. I had in a 79 Targa 911sc.same colors. My hart jumps every time I see it. The truth is this is big money for a car. The person that steps up for this car will not ,not buy it because the factory changed the color for the customer.

Bob
SirAndy
QUOTE(burton73 @ Apr 16 2007, 11:21 AM) *

This car is the best of the colors interior combos Porsche ever offered. I had in a 79 Targa 911sc.same colors. My hart jumps every time I see it. The truth is this is big money for a car. The person that steps up for this car will not ,not buy it because the factory changed the color for the customer.

huh? confused24.gif

the car was delivered to the first owner in a completely different color.
what you see now is a repaint in non-original color that was done by one of the subsequent owners, not the factory.

i'm not trying to take anything away from the car, i'm simply pointing out that the current color is not original and should not be presented as "original" ...
bye1.gif Andy
orange914
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Apr 15 2007, 10:09 AM) *

911? blink.gif
Mark D.

for that kind of $ i could type "914" using my nose
burton73
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 16 2007, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Apr 16 2007, 11:21 AM) *

huh? confused24.gif

the car was delivered to the first owner in a completely different color.
what you see now is a repaint in non-original color that was done by one of the subsequent owners, not the factory.

i'm not trying to take anything away from the car, i'm simply pointing out that the current color is not original and should not be presented as "original" ...
bye1.gif Andy

The story is the car was sent back to the factory and the factory took it apart and repainted it the right way. With a car of this valve this was the only way to do this. The factory has a full restoration shop if you have the money you can send your 914 there. Look on line. They will do interior work as well. Big bucks I take it.

Bob
Mike D.
I met the owner in '98 at Monterey Historics, not sure if he is still the owner, but he told me that he bought the car for $178,000 the year before. 9 years of inflation....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.